It's been over a month ago since I cast on for this pair. I don't know why it took me so long; I loved both, the yarn and the pattern.
yarn: Wandering Cat Yarns in the colorway "Campfire".
pattern: Beaded Lattice Socks by Terry Morris from the book Sock Club. I did not use beads for my socks.
needles: 2.5mm DP
In reno news, they guys have worked hard last week, but it still looks awful upstairs. They prepared the walls, and ceilings for painting. In the kitchen they put up dry wall ceiling, as well as in the dining room. They found a bad wall going up the staircase and had to replace part of it. The floors are nailed down, and I guess ready for putting down the new wood panels, but that will come later. The electrician was here, and passed first inspection. The plumper was here too. He had to do something about the old plumping, which stood out too far from the wall (from upstairs coming down to the kitchen). One door has been shut with dry wall, another one has been opened.
Last week was a little bit depressing, with all the noise, and the smells. We tried to get out of the house as much as possible, but still, I had a little bit of a cabin fever feeling.
The pups are keeping me busy too. Friday, Denny joined me in the swimming pool and did his best, trying to drown me! He wanted to climb on me, while swimming, that was no fun at all. He was very persistent, the little bugger!
It seems there was a shift between Happy and Denny. Happy is putting Denny down more often, and it is not always nice to hear. Denny has more respect for him now. The cute cuddling while sleeping is becoming more rare.
On the plus side, Denny is finally house broken, since we moved downstairs, he has had no accidents, which can not be said from before. It might have had to do with the old carpet flooring as well, since there was Biko, and Sam, as well as Happy before Denny, who were raised on them. Even the best efforts of cleaning up the accidents must not have been enough for a good puppy nose.
Yesterday, for probably the first time in a month, I took the spinning wheel for a ride, and I plied some finished singles, which have been sitting on the bobbins for all that time. I still have to wind it, and give it a good bath, before I can see how it turned out.