Thursday, June 01, 2006

I've not been idle!

This is my beautiful Hannah fresh from the hair dresser with the P90 triangle top (pattern by Iris Schreier). I've finished it this morning, you know, weaving in ends and sewing it together (always a challange for me). It was supposed to be made with Artyarns Regal Silk, but that would be handwash and that does not exactly go together with my daughter. It's supposed to be light as a feather (if made with Regal Silk) but instead it feels like a chainmail. Oh well.


The top of the back is not very professional, but hey, the rest looks good. I've made this top with Kelly by King yarn (cotton/acrylic blend) on 4.5 mm needles. I had it done in two evenings. I had to abandon my Log Cabin because it was too hot to have wool on your lap (around 40 dgree celsius). Today, as you can see, is much better, some clouds and the occassional thunderstorm.



Look what finally made it to our home. The impatiently awaited ball winder. Hannah is busy winding the yarn for her cardigan. The pattern is from "Knitting Nature". The yarn is Gems Sapphire 100% merino wool in the color 'sage'. But before I'm getting to knitting that asymetrical cardigan, I'm going to finish the Tropical Tee I'm making for myself. Just started it, so no pics yet.


I can't help it. I had to show you my self dyed sock yarn. I love the ball winder!


3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Love your triangle top. (I've made a scarf with the Regal Silk and it didn't keep its look that long, so you probably made the right decision re yarn.)
Thanks for the lovely comment on the Scarf Style KAL.

Anonymous said...

The top looks great, Monika! When I first got my ball winder, we were running around winding up every skein of yarn we could find :)

Melissa said...

Congrats on the ball winder. Hannah's hair looks great, as does the top. Good job!