Friday, March 23, 2012

Handspun Friday - Old Forge # 3 Part I

As Old Forge # 2 is almost finished (only the knit on border to go, as soon as I get the fiber to spin more yarn, since I ran out), I've started spinning for # 3. Here's the colors for it. I've finished the contrast colors, only Pale Aqua as the main color to go.
FatCatKnits-Falkland-Tangerine-Magenta-Pale Aqua-Sangria-for my third handspun Old Forge blanket-

Here's what I did. I've used 6oz of Tangerine, 8oz Magenta, and 6oz Sangria to make seven skeins. I've done this before, it's so much fun!

# 3 Old Forge-FCK Falkland-tangerine, magenta, sangria-

There's a lot more yardage than I need for the middle part, so I'm going to use the left over yarn for something before I do the border. I can't wait to see how it looks knit up.

This photo was taken in direct sunlight.

# 3 Old Forge-FCK Falkland-tangerine, magenta, sangria-

This one's taken in the shade. The colors are quite true here, but still, they look much better in person. I wish I could copy/paste and have another set of those skeins!

FatCatKnits Falkland

Now I have "only" 34oz of Pale Aqua to spin, and I'm set to start #3! But I'm going to take a little Falkland spinning break, and try a few different fibers to spin in between.
***
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
***
And some photos of sleeping puppies:
Maggie enjoying the sunshine.
Maggie

Who said, Denny is not a Sloth because he's not hanging?
Maggie & Sloth

And what I love to see when I'm spinning:
Happy and Denny
Happy and Denny sharing the sofa = rare.

***

13 comments:

illusions said...

I am completely in love with the colour palette there! Wish you many memorable knits with them. Love to the snoozing pups and tummy tickle to Denny the sloth! Cheers!

Ann said...

Stunning colors!
With or without shade.

Tina said...

Wow, this is a set of nice yarns! Looking forward to seeing it knit up.

ikki said...

Lovely colours! Just mine!

cauchy09 said...

as always, your amazing spinning just kills me! have a great weekend with your sweet pups!

momsue84 said...

Gorgeous colors, Monika!! Can't wait to see Forge #2 and #3. Milo sleeps just like Denny-head hanging almost to the ground. Have a terrific weekend.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

You're on to #3????? So jealous!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Looking at your colors makes me smile ~ they all work together so well! I'm looking forward to seeing them all knit together! And I love to see all the napping taking place - LOL My kind of weekend :)

Beverly said...

Another gorgeous spinning job. How many Old Forges are you planning to knit?

The picture of Denny hanging of the couch is too funny.

Sharon said...

Your colors are delicious! I'm green with envy because I wish I could spend some time at my wheel.

Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow I am going downstairs to see what the wheel I bought needs in order to balance properly. You're inspiring me!!!! Beautiful colourful yarn. :) samm

2paw said...

How does Denny not fall right off the couch??? Maggie has grown to be such a beautiful girls and I see The Boys like to stick together and keep an eye on you.
Your wool is just beautiful and I love the colour gradients you have made. I think your New Old Forge will be lovely!!

janna said...

wow, nicely done. Beautiful colours!!