Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mod Mittens

Mod mitten

I've test knit these mittens in the middle of December, and now the pattern has been released. The Mod mittens by Kirsten Kapur.

I liked the design as soon as I saw it.

Mod mittens
The colors are reversed on the palm side. This was a delightful knit.

Mod mittens

I've used Cascade Yarns 220 Sport for these, and I think this is perfect yarn for colorwork. One ball of each color was needed to knit a pair, with a little left over.
The single mitten above will stay single. It was my first try. I cast on for size L, but my gauge was way off. It turned out huge. Like an oven mitt. I love the color combination, and until I need that yarn for something else, I'll just leave it for now.

The green/white ones are size S, and they fit my hands perfectly.

***
And a quick picture of the boys. Denny really has no idea of personal space.

Happy & Denny

Happy does not look so happy here, in fact, he soon after moved off to another place, leaving the dog bed to Denny.

***

19 comments:

2paw said...

I saw that pattern today. Your green and white ones are lovely!! I am glad they fit. Oh dear, Denny does have personal space issues and Happy looks like he is sitting next to an undesirable on the comfy bed bus!!

Mrs. A said...

I, too, love the green and white! Thanks for the sizing info...I have a feeling mittens like this will be in my future projects!

Our dogs only use the dog bed one-at-a-time. I've tried to make them share, but the older dog just can't relax with the insane puppy (she's 2 now) lying beside her!

Anne said...

I love pretty much all of Kirsten's designs - no exception there! Yours look fantastic.

Cambria said...

I've been admiring that design since it went into test knitting. I think i might just have to break down and squeeze in a pair :)

Herta Haunschmid /quer durchs leben said...

ach sind die schön ...so schöne Fäustlinge ....
LG Herta
aus dem verschneiten Freistadt

hakucho said...

Gorgeous mittens :)

Bea said...

wunderschön. Ich mag solche Muster. Ich könnte sie mir auch gut aus Farbverlaufsgarn vorstellen.

Liebe Grüße, die Bea

knottygnome said...

i really like that pattern. love your version in green and white.

Mr. Puffy said...

That is a very pretty design and reminds me I have a kit ready to go for mittens in this style :)))

I'm surprised that Denny is such a cuddler that doesn't seem to fit with the rest of his personality.

CelticCastOn said...

I love that pattern but I didn't realize it was reversed on the back. I'm not sure about that bit.

monica said...

Those are lovely mittens! I've been wanting to try out the Cascade Sport yarn.

Happy reminds me of my GSD Ella. She liked her personal space. Whenever I would hug her she would sigh this HUGE sigh and then get up and leave. It would only take 5 minutes and she'd leave. :)

Sharon said...

Who knew that Denny's pack mentality extended to his sleep habits? LOL!

The mittens are adorable, in fact, I love most of Kristin's designs (don't know why I haven't knit any yet).

Lynn One, Purl Two said...

LOVE these! And I just might have some 220 Superwash Sport in my stash! They're beautiful Monika!

Virginia G said...

Those are awesome! Love them. Especially the green.

Lorraine said...

Monika- You've been busy. Those are lovely mittens, because they're a simple, effective design.

Dogs crack me up!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Very cool mittens!
Poor Happy.

Maryse said...

Kristen Kapur's designs are always so beautiful! I'm knitting her Andrea's Shawl right now! I love your versions!

Redberry Cottage said...

Love the mittens!

Nina, Msyhka, Sasha, Betsy, Lucy, Phoebe and Lily

Carrie#K said...

Poor Happy. But so darling. Like those mittens!