Monday, December 03, 2012

Waaaa! Where's the snow?

After a couple of snow dustings a few days ago, and below zero temps, we are back to warm temperatures and rain - and mud. I could be whiny about that all day long. I want snow! O.K. enough of that.

I've been knitting a lot of hats lately. Two of them are for DD. She picked the colors. They are good, all purpose hats. I like them, but I also like to wear colorful hats myself. So here they are.

First up is the Graham hat. It can be worn both sides. I made it with handspun yarn before. This one was made with Berroco Ultra Alpaca on 4.5mm needles.

Graham hat for Hannah

Graham hat for Hannah

The other one is the Kami hat. Can also be worn both sides. But I forgot to take a picture of the other side out. I made it with Grignasco Tweed yarn in charcoal, on 5mm needles.

Kami hat for Hannah

Kami hat for Hannah

Plus a picture of Denny, getting as close as he can get, while I've been knitting.

How close can you get?
(It was too dark to get a focused picture, but I'd rather show this one then not. He's so cute, and his head weighs a ton.)

♥ ♥ ♥

10 comments:

Marita said...

Liebe Monika, Deine Mützen sind richtig schön, solche gefallen mir auch gut. Das Bild von Danny kommt mir sehr bekannt vor, ich wundere mich auch immer wie schwer so ein Hundkopf sein kann, selbst bei unserer kleineren Hündin frag ich mich immer warum die Birne sooo schwer ist :-)
Und das mir dem Schnee, ich sag ja immer, in Canada sieht das sooo schön aus, Du kannst unseren hier gerne bekommen, ich mag nämlich keinen :-).

Liebe Grüße
Marita

Taxastrikkeren said...

The snow is here - in Denmark! On work I hate it (taxidriver) but walking the dog in the late evning the snow make a lot of light. Gitte from Denmark

Anonymous said...

HERE is the snow ... !!! (Near Cologne, Germany) Just a little bit, but better than nothing ...

Liebe Grüße
Nadja

momsue84 said...

Denny is such a love! Milo does the same thing. Thinks he's a lap dog. Love the hats!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Nice hats - I've got a lot of hats on my to-do list right now.

Denny is too sweet. Love your socks ;)

monica said...

The hats are very nice even if they are a boring practical color. :) Denny is so cute!!

Sharon said...

Awwww ... it's adorable how your pups want to be close, and yet they still manage to keep some distance so you can knit(unlike Miss Kitty).

Maybe Denny is wanting Hannah's hats. :) They are adorable after all.

Winter snow will be here soon enough, and may even be here long enough for you to get sick of it.

Walden said...

The hats look great, but Denny steals the show! Such a cutie!

Susan said...

I wish I could share the weather with you. The city's snow removal budget for the winter is already used up.

Susan said...

Your hats look awesome, but oh my goodness your puppy! Look how sweet he is!! That's the snuggliest picture I've seen in a long time.