Saturday, December 29, 2012

Almost done, just a few more!

I'm always knitting something or other for my DD. It's a pleasure for me. She's easy to knit for, but we have such different taste, and love very different colors. So whenever possible, I let her choose the yarn/color for whatever I'll knit for her.

One of her Christmas gifts this year was another of Stephen West's hat designs (he was very prolific this year!). It's called Raxtur. I'm not keen on knitting Honey comb stitch pattern, but I love the look of it. I like this hat very much, and might have to knit myself one in the future too.

Raxtur for Hannah

Raxtur for Hannah

Raxtur for Hannah

She also got a surprise gift, another knit monster. Actually I made this one first, before I made the Hug Monster. This is Rudy (named by Hannah), I took a pattern by Rebecca Danger starting with her Harold the Houseplant monster pattern, but made a few modifications. I made up the ears entirely, crochet a nose, took the pattern form different monsters to make arms and legs.


Hannah's Christmas Monster

Hannah's Christmas Monster 

 Christmas Eve:

Hannah wearing Raxture and hugging her Monster

Hehe, Rudy has a butt like a Newborn.

Monster butt

Hannah with her monster

Hannah with her monster

I think she likes him. :o)

♥ ♥ ♥

 

9 comments:

Wiesensalat said...

Wonderful! Both of your gifts are gorgeous.
Die Mütze gefällt mir außerordentlich gut. Ein tolles Design.

LG
Margit

... Bimbi said...

Yep, I'd say that was a success!!
Bimbi x

Lynn One, Purl Two said...

SO adorable! Both the monster- and the DD! :) xo

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Both the hat and the monster are cute! Love those little bones on her ears!

Sharon said...

I think she likes him, too! She's also making out like the lottery winner of handmade hats. Lucky her! The one great thing about all of your knitting is that you're stash busting like crazy. For that, I'm jealous!

Happy New Year!

lexa said...

Very cool hat! And I love the monster! :)

Knatolee said...

I LOVE Rudy! Adorable! The hat is great too.

Lorraine said...

Monika- My daughter has made alot of those monsters. They are addictive.

I think she has a new friend.

Cloudberry said...

Love both the hat an d the monster!
our daughter is lucky :)
Wishing you a great new year filled with knitting :)