Wednesday, December 26, 2012

And before you know it, it's over!

Since I started early with Christmas decorations etc. I'm kind of glad Christmas is over. We still have the tree up and the decorations, but I can't listen to Christmas music anymore, and I think I've watched every Christmas movie they had on TV.
We had a lovely dinner on Christmas Eve. I made a couple of dishes I saw on Jamie Olivers Christmas show. There were the Brussel Sprouts: in his show he cooks them outside, in his garden on a gas stove. They really great.

Christmas Eve- Brussel Sprouts

Then there were his baked potatoes, very crispy and good.

Christmas Eve - roast potatoes

Those dark leaves on top of them are Sage leaves. They were delicious! They are not burnt, but crispy as well.

Since it was only the three of us, we had a roast chicken. I stuffed some herbed butter under the skin, for extra yummyness, and crispyness.

Christmas Eve-Roast chicken

For desert we had Tiramisu. Haven't made that one in a long time. We all love it. It got really messy with all the cocoa powder!

Christmas Eve-Tiramisu

Hmmm, I didn't intend to do a food post. I was going to show you the knit gifts I made. Ah well, next time!

♥ ♥ ♥


2 comments:

momsue84 said...

Oh, yummy! Your pics make me drool! Glad you had a Merry Christmas. Are the pups wiped out? Milo is comatose!

Sharon said...

Your dinner looked so yummy! Of course, the most important gift on any holiday is the love of family and time together, and then great food!