Friday, December 07, 2012

Handspun Friday - fiber samples

When you order fiber from Corgi Hill Farms, there's always fiber samples included. I've collected them for some time now.

Corgi Hill Farm fiber samples

I've devided what I had into warm and cold colors. Then one day, I decided to spin the warm samples all together.
There are so many different fiber bases in there. Like this one: it's Merino/Camel/Silk

Corgi Hill Farm Fiber Sample

or this one: Merino/Angora

Corgi Hill Farm-fiber sample-merino-angora

The yarn came out gorgoues. It's so soft, I want to squish it all day long.

Corgi Hill Farms-sample yarn-570yds-2-ply

I've got 570 yds, 2-ply yarn out of it.

Corgi Hill Farms-sample yarn-570yds-2-ply

Don't know what I'll do with it yet, but I think some kind of shawl or cowl for sure.

Fibers included in this yarn:

Merino/Tussah Silk 2x
Merino/Camel/Silk
Polwarth/Silk
Polwarth
BFL
Rambouillet
Shetland 2x
15.5Micron Merino
Camel/Silk
Merino/Angora 2x



13 comments:

Mali said...

this is absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hallo Monika,

das Garn ist ganz speziell. Und es gefällt mir aus-ge-spro-chen gut. Könnte ich sofort anstricken....

Liebe Grüße aus dem verschneiten Köln
Nadja

jody said...

Gorgeous is an understatement! It's fan-freaking-fabulous! I can't wait to see what you make with it.

Caroline Dlugy-Hegwer said...

I love it. I just love looking at pictures of your spinning.

knottygnome said...

wow that is really beautiful. i would never have thought those samples would work so well together.

Life's a Stitch said...

Oh that is gorgeous yarn. I've said it before - I can rely on you to give me a good colour fix.

Anonymous said...

Oh. Gorgeous. Just gorgeous! Best colors I've seen all day :) Thank!
xo,
wink

Walden said...

The colors are absolutely beautiful!

Mr. Puffy said...

Gorgeous indeed!!! I would be squishing it too ~ your spinning and color sense is as always ~ perfection.

Sharon said...

Your new yarn is absolutely stunning!

Bobbie said...

Oh wow, stunning!

Alice said...

it is absolutely beautiful! those colours together are just gorgeous :O)

sandrajager said...

Beautiful! Did you card them together or just spin the samples in sequence? I have a huge basket full of Anna Marie's samples (and more on the way, ahem).