Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pomegranate Meringue Mountain

Shortly before Christmas I watched an episode of Nigellal Lawson's cooking show, quite by accident, even though I do love watching her cook, but rarely do. I even have a couple of cook books of her. I was just flipping through channels, when I got stuck on her show.
She was making a mountain out of whipped cream! I LOVE whipped cream, so I guess that's what made me curious.
making Pomegranate Meringue Mountain as seen on Nigella Lawson's show-2

This is the most delicious dessert, and sooooo very easy to make. I even made the Meringue myself (first time), not perfect but good enough for this purpose. They didn't have to look good, so I just blobbed some heaps on the cooking sheet, and off they went into the oven.
Pomegranates are beautiful to look at. I think I've tasted them once before. I forgot that the kernels have pits in them, but the juice is tart and delicious.

making Pomegranate Meringue Mountain as seen on Nigella Lawson's show-4

Since I'm the only one who likes whipped cream I made just one portion, which was very hard to do. I really wanted a mountain out of this stuff. I had many meringue left over, so I see this dessert in the near future appearing on my dining room table soon.
After I took the photo I squeezed juice from the other half over it, which did not look too good, but tasted heavenly.

What you need to create this delicious mountain?
Whipped cream, Pomegranate, Meringue (store bought or home made, both good), and a blender.

Want to see how Nigella does it? I found the episode to watch here. Enjoy!
Let me know if you decide to give it a try, and how you liked it!

***

PS And as Ikki said in the comments, I can see this dessert made with many other fruits as well, especially strawberries! Mmmm.

***

8 comments:

CelticCastOn said...

You are the only one who likes whipped cream?? What are they crazy???
I bet Denny does he's just not telling ;)

ikki said...

Sounds nice...I have to try that. And if You want a tip. Strawberries with cream and marengues.

Virginia G said...

MMM. Looks awesome.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Dave loves pomegranates, but I've never tried them... that dessert does make it tempting!

Susan said...

Boy, does that look good! I have a pomegranate in my fridge that I wasn't sure what I would do with. Maybe I'll look for some meringues and whipping cream when I'm out.

2paw said...

Oh yum, I love whipped cream, Chantilly cram, which has vanilla and some sugar. Your pomegranate dessert looks so yummy. I've had a passionfruit and berry one. I think it's Eton Mess, updated. Pretty sure the pups would like whipped cram too!!

Rhonda said...

I love pomegrantes. That looks so good. But my first thought went to "I wonder if I can dye that"

Walden said...

Looks delicious! Which reminds me, I haven't had a pomegranate in forever! Super yummy!