Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Foiled!

I've finished knitting Stephen's Birdwing. It was a fast, and fun knit. I just have to sew it up, and block it. He calls it a shawl, but in my opinion it's more like a scarf. Photos once it's all done.
***
Before I started test knitting, I'd cast on for Heart of the Mesa mittens by Grace Schnebly. Wonderful mittens, and I was all geared up to knit them, after I finished my Strago mittens. It's knit with finer needles, and fingering weight yarn, and the chart is long, but I was determined to get them done, one stitch at the time.
Heart of the Mesa mittens, the beginning
That's how far I got, before Denny had a go at it! I had to leave him alone for a couple of minutes, praying he would not do such a thing, because I had no time to stick him into his crate. Sure enough, he did what I feared. I should have thought of him, sleeping on the couch, or gnawing on a bone. Double sigh.
Denny's art work
And to make it even more painful, this is precious Wollmeise yarn!!! I've untangled enough to finish the mittens, but it comes in many small balls now (one skein is 576yds). There is still some untangling left to do, but his action has knocked out the wind of my stranded knitting desire for a while.
***
And now for some total cuteness:
Dec. 7-Maggie and her fleece jacket-7

This is the first time we bought "clothes" for one of our pup. She really needed it. She stopped shivering, and got used to her fleece jacket pretty quickly. I was surprised that she needed size S, and size XS was too small for her. She's growing fast.

Dec. 7-Maggie and her fleece jacket-13

20 comments:

CelticCastOn said...

ohhh the cuteness! She looks a right little smasher in that jacket! Will keep her belly nice and warm when she's out to pee :)

lexa said...

What a little bugger Denny is! He and my Maggie would make quite the pair.

Your Maggie is so sweet! Love her jacket, she's totally stylin', lol.

Dagny said...

Denny must have some cat in him! Love those two colors together...and you're baby is so sweet :)

Michelle said...

Glad you got enough untangled to get the mittens done. Nimitz has a couple of clothing items for when it's really cold and his hair is short. He's an XL or larger!!

Ruth said...

She is the cutest pup!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Bad Denny! Hope you can get out all the tangles.

Kathy said...

Oh no! when we first got our new kitten, my knitting was constantly being 'played' with. We've made liberal use of a water bottle which seems effective on heavier yarns... but I still keep it hidden.

Maggie is just adorable.

Life's a Stitch said...

Good thing he's so cute ;-)

ikki said...

Ou I could`t believe my yeas...She whit a jacket.
Hug to Denny...

Freyalyn said...

I have had this happen to several projects in the past. If it happens now it's the cat's fault, even though she's really too old and should know better. Maggie is utterly adorable in her little jacket.

Virginia G said...

aaaaaaaaaah! no, denny!

But the pup is absolutely adorable. Let's hope she doesn't start lusting for yarn too.

Die Fadenwirkerin said...

Oh so ein Jammer! Was für ein Durcheinander! Du hast mein ganzes Mitgefühl.

Tröstegrüße von Jule

Susan said...

Oh my - I've had Bentley do that to my fiber but it wasn't Wolmeise. My sympathies.

Maggie in the coat is off the cuteness scale!

Beverly said...

Oh my, how terrible. I hope you do get stranded mojo back because the color combo is gorgeous.

Maggie on the other hand is too cute. I'm sure she's glad for her jacket.

Carrie#K said...

Oh Denny. You're such a boy. All those ends!

Maggie sure is cute! Any plans to knit her a sweater? Maybe when she stops growing? She might not need it then.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

That has to be the most precious pup ever :))) Love her new coat ~ she wears it so well too!

Sorry about the yarn mishap. I've been there.... You will recover and finish the mitts and the annoyance will diminish when you see how wonderful the mittens are!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Oh I'm going to die from the adorableness of puppy!

I understand how you feel about the yarn tangle though - Rocky loves to do that to me. Frustrating doesnt even begin to cover it

Rhonda said...

Oh no, that's the second animal/yarn mishap I've seen this week. Bad Denny.

2paw said...

He did that in five minutes?He's a champion rummin!!!
Oh Maggie is just so cute I could pick her up and take her home, She is extra cute in her little coat. Is she chewing it? I hope she learns about good behaviour from Happy, and not wicked woollen ways from Denny!!!

hakucho said...

You are just not paying enough attention to Denny ;) Middle child syndrome!