Thursday, January 03, 2008

Thank you!


You are all the best! All the well wishes worked like little Vitamin pills, and I'm so much better today. Thank you all so much for thinking of me, with your comments and lovely e-cards. As much as I like being served chicken soup (from the can), I'd rather make it myself and be able to do so much more. Certain things like stuffy nose, just don't go away that quickly.

Since every day life commenced today, I had no choice but get going and do stuff. It was hard, sweaty work, my ears are still ringing, and I get exhausted quite easily, but I'll suck it up. Until this evening, I didn't even want to look at my knitting, WIP's, and FO, but now, I know I want to start again.

Before the flu bug bit me, I finished the Shetland Triangle shawl for my friend. It's the third time I made this shawl, and it was the last time. There are so many nice shawls out there, I'd like to try some more. I DO like this little shawl a lot though.

At first I started knitting mittens for her, but as I told you the gauge was so way off. I finished the first one nevertheless, and it fits my hand fine. I'll make the second one, but it's slow going. I'm going to give them to her as well, just because I intended them for her in the first place.

Also I made no progress on my Tiits socks. The first is a little past the heel. I love it, and have to stick to it. Unfortunately there's the second one to make. Yikes!

I joined another Fiber of the month Club - Electric Sheep, but only for three month. I can see now, that I will not be able to keep up with all the fiber I"m getting. My first installment is called "Tainted Love", 100% merino wool, 4oz. Not my favorite colores at all. I don't like neon colors, but as in the past, you'll never know how it looks spun up. So, I'll wait and see. I'm still waiting for Decembers Spunky Eclectic Fiber of the Month, but I'm in no hurry. My husband brought home a gift basket last night, and this bag was the basket, which is my fiber basket now. Sorry about the funny color in the picture, but I couldn't wait for more daylight. I've been up since 5AM, reading up on blogs, and I wanted to get this posted asap, since later I don't have time. The colors of the "Tainted Love" fiber are pretty accurate.

Yesteday was a good mail day. I've got my Spin-Off magazine, which is always very interesting to read. And I've got this book in the mail too. I think this year will be the year of mittens for me.

By the way, I'm not making any resolutions for the new year, because I never keep them anyways.

I hope I'll get some pictures taken today, so I'll have something to show you.


All right then, lets take on the new year, can't believe how fast the last one has come and gone!


BTW: Deb- the Heinzelmaennchen didn't come while I was sleeping, that's very unfortunate, I would have liked that!
Cindy- I did NOT have a bell by the bed, but my son took good care of me anyway! :o)
Angelika - NyQuil is no stranger to me!

8 comments:

Larry said...

The link to the book didn't work, at least not for me. So what book is it?

So glad you're feeling at least somewhat better. Those chores do seem to keep happening though, even when we don't think we can possibly deal with them.

The new bag is great. I'm with you on the yarn colors though. I'll wait and see how they turn out.

Now, go rest a while.

shannon said...

I'm glad to see you are starting to feel better and that your son took care of you while you were down.

I'm done with the holidays. Retail is no fun during this time (well, sometimes it is like when husbands come in carrying a single clog that belongs to their wife). I'm finally getting caught up reading the blogs.

I once rung in the new year sick as a dog. No fun. Thank goddess for those who take care of us when we are sick!

Kris B said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better.

I've been debating about joining Electric sheep's fiber of the month club but haven't made any commitments yet. It's not like I don't have fiber sitting around waiting to be spun.

Even though you are feeling better try not to overdue it.

Claudia Bugh said...

I'm glad you are on the mend! Love the purse - very cute style and is a perfect display for the fiber. Sometimes it's good to try colors you don't normally pick because you may find you like them after all. BTW, I think 3 installments of any "club" is plenty.

hakucho said...

I'm so glad you are feeling a little bit better. Don't overdo...you don't want a relapse!

Love that new (knitting)fiber basket. Very beautiful and I think that neon fiber will spin up beautifully :)

Glad you knew about the "heinzelmaennchen"...I took a stab at the spelling. I had the feeling you would know what I meant. It's amazing what I remember considering she passed away when I was 4 years old. She was an incredible needle worker( multiple disciplines). Sure wish I had had her around longer. We would have had fun.

A very happy and healhty new year with lots of happy knitting :)

Anonymous said...

I got that book in the mail yesterday too!

Get well quick!

2paw said...

Glad you are feeling better. I never have a bell either, but they always seem to on TV!! What lovely roving you have in the bag and on your next post too!! Very good use of your Christmas money. Isn't the weather strange??? We are quite used to the cicada sound, Poor Sam!!
Thank you for the lovely Molly Ringwald comment!!!

Violiknit said...

Very cool fiber basket! It's weird, but I've seen several different "Tainted Love" colorways out there from various dyers... I suppose they're all fans of that song?