Wednesday, January 23, 2008

General

Thank you all so much, for leaving all those wonderful comments on my Christl shawl post! The only regret I have with this shawl is, that I didn't think of knitting her one sooner!

This lovely sunrise was taken on January 3rd, as you can see the moon was just a tiny speck on the sky.

I had to laugh, when I was walking in our backyard, and saw this dried up flower sticking out it's head (snow- you are not the boss of me), or a couple of others just barely making it. I imagined the huge moan, with all that snow on top of it. (pics taken on Jan. 21)


Of course I'm knitting, but have not finished anything yet. So nothing I want to show just yet, except I finally got the December Spunky Eclectic Fiber of the Month installment called "Party Dress". Amy sent it off on December 19th, and it arrived at my house on January 18th! It was posted airmail. As I said before, I think they strapped this package on the back of a turkey!


I've seen pictures all spun up of this fiber on other blogs already. So I was prepared for the blinding colores with my sunglasses on ;o). I love this picture, the red is fabulous. Amy dyed the fiber in long color changes, so this will definitely be Navajo plied, whenever. Not a colorway I would have chosen myself, but hey. Using ones comfort colors gets boring too. I saw a lovely Baby Surprise Jacket made with this colorway, here. It is definitely cheerful, and made me realize that it doesn't have to be a hat all the time.

Almost forgot to mention this again. I've put up a new category on my side bar. It's links to fiber/yarn online stores, where I've bought fiber/yarn or would like to do so in the future. I'm collecting links to stores, but would like to find more Canadian stores, so if you happen to know of a website, which sells spinning fiber, please let me know. I put up the links mainly so I can find the stores faster, I'm so disorganized, so this helps. Not that I need anything anytime soon. (unfortunately)
Monica had a contest on her blog a while ago, and I won this huge skein of yarn! This is 973yds of wool/nylon blend yarn! Originally my prize would have been some red sock yarn, but Monica knows me so well, and sent me some orangy goodness instead! I'm thinking socks, and I'm dieing to know if it makes lovely stripes or not.


Thank you, Monica! :o)

19 comments:

sgeddes said...

The nature photos are nice. I like the moon. I'm anxious to see how you spin up that electic roving! The little baby jacket is a cue idea.

Marianne said...

I've got to say, that colourful fibre is PRETTY... you've arranged it like a flower :^) I loved the BSJ knit with it, thanks for sharing that link!

Gorgeous snowscape!

Dreams of Yarn said...

Oh I like your yarn! I won some stitch markers from Monica, she is so thoughtful!!

Do you think you will try a baby surprise with those colors? they would be great for a little one. Cheers!

Claudia Bugh said...

What a beautiful photo! Love all that snowy goodness. Poor, poor, little flower - but it will come back in the Spring. The roving looks so pretty and the colors will be perfect for a baby jacket! Yes, socks, we haven't seen too many of those lately....

Judy said...

Hi!
Very inspiring your photos!
I dont have courage and experience to make the BSJ, but I find it very beautiful!

hakucho said...

Lovely fiber to spin and pretty new sock yarn...I'm sure you are keeping quite busy :)

Michelle said...

I love those plants trying to be free. I'm a fan of winter, but maybe just because it makes spring all the sweeter. I love that roving. Totally my colors. It's nice to push out of your comfort zone sometimes. Can't wait to see it spun up. :-)

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

oooh I love that orangey yarn! I can't wait to see what you do with it! Lucky you! :)

hakucho said...

Check my blog out...you just received an award!!

Elemmaciltur said...

I didn't get around to commenting on your shawl, but it is gorgeous!

And what a lucky girl you are winning that hank of yarn!

Anonymous said...

beautiful photos!

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! That yarn you won is gorgeous! I agree the roving is bright, but I'm sure whatever you spin will be lovely :)

Anonymous said...

such beautiful winter photos!
best wishes! and to david.

Kris B said...

Very nice winter pictures. I look forward to seeing how the party dress fiber spins up and how the sock yarn knits up.

sweetfigs said...

More prettiness!

I love your snow pics. It's too warm in Chicago for that much accumulation. The lawn is still peeking through, and it will all start melting this weekend.

lexa said...

I'm not a spinner, but I have some friends that spin. They like this place, located here in Nova Scotia: http://www.gaspereauvalleyfibres.ca/

They ship worldwide.

Angelika said...

I'm glad you were prepared with you sunglasses. That is really bright. Now get to knitting those socks, so we can all see if it stripes or not.

Anonymous said...

Do you know about pickupsticks.ca ? She has lots of interesting, fine gauge yarns.

Margie in Maryland
(no blog)

Violiknit said...

Beautiful pictures! I love that dried up flower! Sorry the mail people took so long getting you that fun roving. (maybe the carrier Turkey was considering learning to spin the fiber itself...)