Friday, January 25, 2008

Is it Christmas already?

Have I gone to bed and woken up eleven month later? I've got a Christmas package,and it arrived, ahem, early?! It was totally unexpected, and a wonderful surprise, which made my day (again)! It's from Sybille from Germany. There's self dyed sock yarn with cool aid, the light was not right, so the colors in the picture didn't come out like they really are, but hey, what's new? I can't wait to get to knit socks again, would love to cast on right NOW! There's Gummi Bears in wonderful flavours, treats for the doggies (after I gave both of them a couple of the stripes, I put the treat bag on the dining room table; Sam parked himself right under it, with his nose up in the air to at least get a good smell of the goodies) they like them A LOT. There's also yummy chocolate, a card, and magazines, which I have to look through in peace and quite, but from what I could see, there are lots of colorful projects in there.

Thanks so much, Sybille!



On another topic, which is not at all magical or pretty, but very real. I wish I would live in a perfect world, wouldn't that be nice. I've found out, that my banking card was compromised. No idea where it happened whatsoever. Very inconvenient too, but I'm surprised how well the customer service, and fraud department of our bank works. Sometimes I wish all those thieving people to hell. There's enough stress in our family life right now, I really don't need that to boot. Sigh. Wish I could bury my head in a mountain of yarn, not hearing, not seeing, and not talking to anybody. But I can't.

20 comments:

DAWN said...

I will take the Gummi Bears. That should take some of the load off of you (smile). Sorry to hear about the bank card. That is crappy and a terrible sign of the times we live in. Hope all works out well very very soon!

Sue J. said...

So sorry to hear of the bank trouble, Monika. I so agree with you about sending all those thieves to Hades. I'm sure it will all be ok, but the stress is tough. Can you knit to help calm the stress? It sure works for me. Lovely package from Germany. I'll be thinking of you.

Michelle said...

I had a strange credit card charge once and Hubby being in the military seems to compromise his identity every couple of years. Totally sucks, but at least businesses are much more understanding about this stuff since it's happening more often. You have some nice goodies to help yourself feel better though! :-)

Marianne said...

What a cheerful bundle of delights! All those colours!

So very sorry to hear about that 'other' news.... thieving bastids.... honestly, if something isn't yours? leave it be.
Who raised these people...sigh...
I'm glad your bank is able to sort all this out, hey, maybe they'll catch 'whoever' it was, eh?

Dreams of Yarn said...

Lovely package! Sorry about the bank card, its an all too real reality of our current age, and its VERY frustrating to deal with. Spin, spin and be calm. Best wishes to you

Kim said...

Lucky you - that yarn is beautiful!

Banks are governed under specific rules regarding compromised identity. It is nice to hear that your bank has been so cooperative. With all of the competition out there, they've been smart!

Michelle said...

What a wonderful surprise package! I hope it relieves some headache from the bank card incident!

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

oh that's awful! I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. I agree with you about the thieves.

That package looks amazing!

shannon said...

People who think they have the right to steal from others are just....straight to hell!

But then there are people like your friend who send you packages out of the blue simply because all those things made her think of you. And that brings a smile to my face. I love celebrating in the moment!

lexa said...

Love your package! Sorry to hear about your bank card troubles. Hope it was caught before things got too bad. I keep an eye on my banking and credit cards every day, just in case. (Not that anyone would get anywhere with my stuff, that's for sure!)

Kelley said...

Oooh, that package looks like it is wonderful! I'm glad that your bank caught the problem early.

Claudia Bugh said...

What an incredibly thoughtful and generous gift! Lucky duck! Sorry to hear your life has stresses I'm with you - I escape my stress with yarn and my little blog has been a pleasant escape as well.

hakucho said...

That is one special package :)Lots of wonderful goodies... Did you say projecs?...patterns? yay :)

Kris B said...

Nice Christmas gift.

Sorry to hear about the card issue.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's terrible, Monika! Like you haven't been dealing with enough. I hope it's straightened out quickly with a minimum of problems for you.

But wow. That does look like Christmas.

Elemmaciltur said...

Early Christmas is great, isn't it?

Sorry about your bank card being compromised. I hope that everything's sorted out.

sharon said...

It's the stress more than anything that gets you with the bank cards. I've actually taken to carrying cash more often and avoiding the cards unless its a trusted place. Of course, then I don't have cash when I thought I did, but it is scary. The banks are really great with following up on it though. I would suggest knitting. and chocolate.

Anonymous said...

Receiving presents is always nice, isn't it?

Sorry to hear about yout credit card!

- Sandi - said...

Bleh, sorry about the bad bankcard news. How frustrating, but how good that your bank didn't give you any more trouble over it.

And you're not alone in loving those gummi bears!

Wishing you happy times :-)

Violiknit said...

That's terrible about your card... I had a friend who changed his debit/banking card to "ATM only" because of this sort of thing. I hope it gets straightened out soon for you.