Thursday, January 31, 2008

Not much ...

... to show you at the moment. But first, once again, a very big THANK YOU all for your comments on Alex's shawl. It's still winging its way to her, with a short break in Halifax, where there was some addition to her package, and now it's once again on the move.
But my dad sent me this picture of Christl and her shawl. She likes it! She's going to be 81 years coming April, and apparently she's doing fine, not so her daughter, I'm afraid. I'm glad I knit the shawl for her, and we had a nice talk on the phone, after she received it.
I'm working on a project, which I can't show you yet, because the recepient is reading my blog. There was spinning involved, and after there some knitting, ripping, knitting, and ripping, and now knitting again. Now the remaining time is short, so I better knit some more, and not rip again! :o) Look at this lovely roving! It's called "Happy Feet", 4.8 oz blended wool from Copperpot Woolies (etsy store), link is on my side bar. I've got some more goodies, but this I had to start spinning at once, even though I don't really have time for it now. So there's not much done yet, just so I got going, and a feeling how it will turn out.
Of course when there's black involved, the other colors get muddled a lot, that's very unfortunate. I'm going to Navajo ply it, spinning it rather thin. I'd love to sit and spin, but for now I'm just going to look longingly at it. So back to knitting, to get it over with.


I might have bought a new knitting book, just for one scarve pattern I saw and NEEDED to have: It might have been this book. Turns out, there are more than one pattern in there, which I'd love to make eventually, thank god! :o)

16 comments:

CelticCastOn said...

ack she looks wonderful in the shawl, the colour is perfect for her me thinks!!

Claudia Bugh said...

Cristal looks lovely in her new shawl! The Vogue knitting book looks wonderful - Vogue knitting has produced some winning designs over the years. I had hoped for news of Biko. I hope that means no news is good news.

Kelley said...

That roving is beautiful. I'm fascinated by the difference between roving and singles and plied yarn. I've got to get myself a spinning wheel someday!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fabulous when there's more than one pattern in a book you might have picked up somewhere?

Christl looks beautiful in her new shawl.

Happy Feet! So pretty! And happy, of course.

hakucho said...

Christi looks very happy with her shawl. I'm sure it brings her a great deal of comfort :)

Your new spun yarn is lovely...you have become quite the spinner in such a short time. No stopping you now :)

Angelika said...

I like it when you get those kind of thank you pictures and see that your work is appreciated. Sometimes I wish I could spin, especially that fine, but I guess I leave that up to pros like you and I'll just stick to knitting it up.

Anonymous said...

The shawl looks great on her! So elegant. :-) The roving colors are not what I'd go for, but they look so nice together. I understand wanting to spin it right away!

Anonymous said...

Lovely picture of Christl with her shawl!
The yarn you are spinning looks very nice, even with the black in it it seems to become beautiful.

Cloudberry said...

The roving looks great, and I think the yarn you spin from it looks great too despite the black ;)

Have a great weekend knitting!!

Kris B said...

Christi looks awesome in her shawl!

Happy feet is looking good to. It will be interesting to see how it looks after plied.

sgeddes said...

The shawl looks great on her!

The new roving is lovely and will spin up nicely when you get to it!

Dreams of Yarn said...

Looks great so far, and perhaps when you ply you will notice more of the other colors not just black.

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I really love the color of the yarn you're spinning!

Anonymous said...

Your shawls always AMAZE me! The Comfort Shawl for Alex is SO beautiful! My pathetic Swallowtail Shawl is still suffering badly from neglect! sigh! That new roving is fascinating! Looking forward to seeing your magic hands transform it! :)

Life's a Stitch said...

When I see roving like that I understand the call to spin. Beautiful!
Li

Violiknit said...

Christl looks beautiful in her shawl! That roving is turning into some gorgeous yarn!