Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Christl's comfort shawl - Party 1

Sam didn't seem to be bothered by my choice of colors for Christl's comfort shawl, and that's the reason why I knit on, despite my doubts. And that's the story I'm sticking with. It's all HIS fault.
I finished the shawl last night, and was quite happy about it, until I layed it out on the sofa, after binding off over 500 stitches. Well, well, well - Toilet Doily came to mind, but I still was in denial.
My son hinted throughout the knitting process, that the shawl looked like sour watermelon gummis, or later, like cauliflowers. Hm, I smiled and knit on.


Then, with a couple of pattern repeats to go, I stopped, because I could not move the stitches any longer. Happy, happy that I was done.
Today - I'm going to rip it back to where the feather and fan part starts. Just like that. I was a bit cranky (again) this morning, pushed the vacuum around forcefully, until I decided to rip it.
DS said," You don't have to be in such a bad mood, just because you've knit an ugly shawl!" Well, that made me laugh, because he knows me better than I do!
By the way, below is a picture of the white slups this yarn produces from time to time. There were quite a few knots as well (three out of 5 balls had several knots).
I'm going to finish this shawl, but not right away. Need a break, and I'm pressed for time with two other projects. Darn it!

18 comments:

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

ugh! I hate that feeling. I hope you can recover it!

sweetfigs said...

I hope you feel better soon. They can't all be 5 stars, right?

sgeddes said...

I've never seena yarn do that before. (with the white bits)

It doesn't look like much is goignt o bother Sam right now. He looks very content.

Anonymous said...

It's always the pets fault. At least it always is around here. Timeout sounds like a good idea.

CelticCastOn said...

ugggggggg leave it to to the husband to say something like that hhahahah
Hoping the time goes better for you

T-Mom said...

Poor Monica. Realizing you have to rip and reknit is such a horrid feeling.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

How disapointing. Are you going to finish it all in pink instead? Set it aside and an inspiration will come to you!

Angelika said...

We still cranky? That too will pass. But, what's the deal with that green with the pink? Aehm, can you take that one out?

Cambria said...

oh, the pain of it all! just have a glass of wine first, and it'll dull it a little bit.

Anonymous said...

O, yes, that must be very disapointing. I hope you will be happy again soon.

Carol said...

I hate it when that happens. That project definitely deserves to be in time out for a while!

Anonymous said...

hALLO Monika
wow du hast ja einen schöne 4 Beiner.
Sie sind gerade wegs in den Stall mrschiert. Grüsse Marlies

Tricô e Mais Tricô said...

Monika, Hello all right? I am trying Syvstjernen knitting, and the lines 52, 54, 60, 62, 68, 69, which has arrows not understand what it means. Thank you for your attention. Thanks

hakucho said...

Oh, my... sorry about the shawl. That's really painful having to rip back all that work. Good luck and I'll send you a big hug...I feel your pain :(

That yarn looks awful with the white parts showing through...I wouldn't be very happy with that either!!!

Heike said...

Hallo Moni,

das sieht soooo gemütlich aus wenn Sam schläft und Du strickst..
Ich hoffe, es geht Dir wieder besser.

Viele Grüße von Heike

Kris B said...

Oh my, I so dread having to rip back. But, it is nice to know that I'm not the only one that has these kinds of issues. I hope the next attempt gives you the results you are looking for.

Anonymous said...

Never fear! You will survive this trial too! (and the shawl will probably look good enough to eat when you're done!) :D BTW I really love the socks you're wearing in those pics! The colors are so bright and cheery! How can anyone be grumpy in fab socks like those???

Violiknit said...

Oh, no! Sorry you're not happy with your shawl... What a pain it must be to rip it back...I hope it's not more than the white part :(