Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Pashmina

Pashmina-gift from China

Yesterday I got this beautiful Pashmina as a gift. Until now, I've only heard of it in an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, when his mother in law brought a Pashmina to a family photo shoot. I don't know how or when to wear this scarf, but I hope there will be the right moment for it. It's so wonderful soft, the tag says 70% pashmina 30% silk. I thought Pashmina is the name of this scarf, which it is, but I didn't know that it's an actual fiber, from a goat as well.

damaged package

In todays mail was a damaged package, with an apology from Canada Post. I didn't mind, because the yummy yarn inside was not harmed. It's Wandering Cat Yarns. Two of them are dyed to pool on purpose. I'm going to try to knit a couple of scarves with them. I hope I'll be patient enough for that. The other one is called "Baby" and I liked the soft pink color, which surprises me a little. Pink - moi?

Wandering Cat Yarns June 7

The boys alternate between swimming and snoozing. Best thing they can do, since it's sizzling hot outside. I even got to spin some, which makes me especially happy, since it's been a while (a while means at least three days or more without spinning).

July 3-33

Time out on the deck is kept short during the day. Poor guy heats up more quickly than Happy with his brown/black coat.

July 3-29

***

11 comments:

SockPixie said...

Beautiful pashmina and yarn look wonderful. I look forward to seeing what you knit with them.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I thought Pashmina was the garment too - I have one but it's 100 percent silk. I wear itall the tiem as a wrap in the winter because it's so wide and warm!
Glad you like the yarn and that it's not damaged!

Rhonda said...

Glad the yarn arrived okay. Pee me off too. My bag of Bugga from the TLE arrived the same way today. do you think someone is after our yarn?

Gloria Patre said...

What a rich, elegant set of colors! A truly royal-looking scarf! What a nice lot of yarn! And don't worry about your attraction to the pink... once you've loved using it, it will pass... LOL!

Toby said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see your first pooling project.

I'm continually amazed that Denny is still smaller than Happy. His huge personality comes through in the photos and it's not until you show a photo of them right next together that I realize he's still smaller.

Beverly said...

The Pashmina is beautiful.

Are you planning on knitting a pooling scarf? I've seen some beautiful ones on Ravelry. I hope to dye some yarn that will pool this summer once I get other projects caught up.

Jeanne said...

The yarn is beautiful - can't wait to see what you make with it!

2paw said...

Such pretty wool. I love that some is especially for pooling.
Poor Denny, suffering from being darker furred. I hope he stays out of the sun. Happy and Denny seem to be getting along much better now???!!

Laurie said...

My stepdaughter gave me a pashmina for Christmas a few years ago - and I have no idea how to wear it. LOL!

Love the yarn - especially the one in the center.

Yes, keep the pups cool. That shot of Denny is a prizewinner.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

That's a beautiful scarf ~ you will find it very wearable - just like a stole.

Love to see the boys snoozing together :)

Wonderful new yarns ~ I'm curious how you will use the pooling yarn.

Anonymous said...

The pashmina is gorgeous and so is the yarn! Wow. I can't wait to see what you knit.

Love the pics of the boys, as always. Denny is growing so fast!