Friday, July 23, 2010

Handspun Friday - Mixed Blessings Fiber Club 3rd installation- June 2010

I've written this post partly in advance, because I was not sure if I'd have Internet access this week, but as it turns out, I still do.
This is how I feel these days.



I haven't been spinning for a week now, and there's no knitting going on whatsoever. I miss both, but am too exhausted at the end of the day, to do anything. Good thing I've still some things to show for a while.
FCK Mixed Blessings Fi ber Club 3rd installment SpringSummer 2010-June-70silver alpaca30silk-2ply-197yds-2

This is one half of of June's Mixed Blessing Fiber Club. It's wonderful fiber, so soft, and slippery, and it has wonderful drape. I liked the pre-drafted fiber best. The finished yarn looks a little boring to me.
I made it 2-ply, ~ 197yds. Only the finished yarn showed the hairiness of the Alpaca. Oh, did I mention it's 70% silver Alpaca and 30% silk. It was nice to spin such luxurious fiber for a change. I've been spinning a lot of Falkland lately, which is very different from this.

Mixed Blessings Club Fiber June 2010-70% silver Alpaca 30% Silk

Denny is doing very well. Because they play rough most of the time, they can't be together all the time during the day, so either both, or one or the other have to chill out in the crates.

June 27

Funny thing happened today, while I was checking emails. It was Happy's turn in the crate, when Denny tried to open the crate door for Happy to come out! He can do that with his own crate, when it's not locked, and he gets stuff out of it, as well as the blanket inside. But of course he could not open the locked door, but he sure tried hard, and got frustrated, and left in disgust to chew on a bone. I think that was so sweet!
The surgery seems to have little effect on Denny so far. He's not licking his wound, it's looking really good. Happy showed some interest, but I shooed him away. This morning Denny could not wait for the door to open at the Vet's, and he scratched at it impatiently. He greeted everybody like he hadn't seen them in ages, he's not holding a grudge! :o)

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

Oh, almost forgot! Scoot over to Mia - she finished a pair of socks made with my handspun yarn! :o)

***

13 comments:

2paw said...

Oh dear, I am sad you feel like a stabbed watermelon: nice drawing!!!
Those pups are so funny, I think Denny is a god playmate for Happy, and they both like some rough and tumble. Glad Denny is well and likes going to the vet. He is sweet!!

CelticCastOn said...

awww soo cute Denny trying to free his bro.
As for you, no stressing lady!! Everything will get done in time!

Virginia G said...

The alpaca fiber is beautiful! Wow. Great photo of it, too.

I'm glad that Denny is doing well. That's good to hear.

Anonymous said...

You should get some kind of an award for "Nice Use of A Watermelon in a Graphic Depiction of Emotional State".

knottygnome said...

ooh i love the icy colors. i just bought 8oz of alpaca/seacell and was thinking lace, but i do like what you've done with yours. hmm...

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Beautiful spinning!!!! Hope you get your energy back quickly ~ Summer and the heat is very fatiguing and chasing puppies does take a lot out of you. Enjoy your watermelon :)

That is sweet. Denny loves Happy.

Susan said...

Poor you! I hate renovating and would feel like that too.

That is pretty yarn! So my colors.

I would say that Happy and Denny have definitely bonded.

p.s. My word verification is jigly. Do you suppose fate is trying to tell me something?

Anonymous said...

even though i don't comment often, i always read your delightful blog !
poor you!
that watermalon... i feel for you!
hang in there,"this too will pass",
easy for me to say, i know.
i do enjoy you doggie adventures,
i LOVE your knitting!
best wishes,
helga
greetings to david.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Glad Denny is doing well. And that yarn is really pretty!

Walden said...

Sorry you are so exhausted. I hope you have more relax time soon! That is adorable about Denny trying to open Happy's crate!

Carrie #K said...

I hope you feel a little better than that! Denny is fine, Happy is darling and you are getting in some spinning time.......doesn't quite tip the scales? Poor baby! Hope it gets better.

SockPixie said...

I hope you get some rest and feel better soon. The handspun looks glorious.

Laurie said...

I normally don't care much for blue, but that fiber/yarn is amazing. I'd lay awake nights to come up with the perfect project to use with that amazing yarn!

I hope you're feeling better by now (so behind in my blogreading). And nothing better than a picture of happy dogs in a rousing game of "bite-yer-face-off". :-)