Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cubist socks done!

Cubist socks done-

The Cubist socks by Cookie A. are finished! Too bad they are too tight around the cuff for me. So I made them shorter at the foot too, and will give them away as a gift. I loved knitting with this yarn, and I like the colorway very much. The pattern is lovely, not hard to knit at all. I especially like the attention to detail, which is true Cookie A. style. Notice how the stitches from the cuff melt into the leg pattern. Just beautiful! If I were to make them for myself again, I would only do two of the three leg repeats, that way the cuff would fit too.

Cubist sock 1 done-front Cubist sock 1 done-back

pattern: Cubist socks by Cookie A. (free pattern)
yarn: Wandering Cat Yarns - Alley Cat - Purple People Eater (love that name), merino/nylon, 400yds
needle: 2.5mm
start-finish: June 26 - July 3

Another shot of my hydrangea's out front. They are so lovely.
July 12-1

Some random, older photos of the pups:
May 21-15

This is the hole Happy dug in Spring. Denny was going to expand it, digging two tunnels. It's filled up again, and so far they've left it alone.

May 29-5
The chase is on!

***

17 comments:

2paw said...

Your knitting is so beautifully smooth and even and the socks are lovely. I always do a shorter leg for me!! Wheeee, look at those puppies run!! I'll have to post a photo of our garden holes anon!!

Frieda said...

Fantastic socks ! I gather from your post that it's the cuff/leg that is tight . Thanks for the tip .

CelticCastOn said...

Lovely socks! I think the pattern picture should be in solid or semi solid instead of the varigated. The pattern shows up so much nicer.
I didn't even notice Denny in that last pic till I read the caption.

Virginia G said...

The cubist socks are lovely! And that was really fast. I'm sorry they don't fit you. That's gotta be annoying.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Socks look absolutely fantastic! I wasn't overly enamored with that pattern until I saw yours!

knottygnome said...

beautiful socks!

i love the last action pic of your pups.

Laurie said...

Great socks! And I love the pic of Denny. Are you sure he doesn't have some terrier in him? Looks like he's headed "down the rabbit hole". :-)

Walden said...

Those socks turned out wonderful! The pattern really shines in that yarn, very clearly defined.

MiA said...

Really cool pattern for your socks! And, I love your pink hydrangea - mine seems not to want to decide it is purple at first then blue then a little pinkish...

Paula said...

Amazing socks!

Susan said...

LOVE those socks!! I agree with CelticCastOn that yours look so much nicer than the ones pictured with the patter because the yarn is more solid colored.

I can almost hear Denny calling, "Here, gopher, gopher..."

Rhonda said...

The socks are splendid. You must have so much fun watching those 2 play and chase each other.

SockPixie said...

The socks look fantastic! You did a wonderful job. I like your choice of yarn, the solid really let the stitch pattern show.

Jeanne said...

Those are gorgeous socks - they really should use your pictures for the pattern on Ravelry! I'm sorry they don't fit - it must be hard to give them away

Love the puppy pictures - especially the last one!

Carrie #K said...

The chaser looks a wee bit distracted.

Nice socks! Too bad they don't fit comfortably but it sounds as if they're going to a good home.

Sharon V said...

I love your socks and if I didn't have tree stump calves, I'd beg you for them!

Your flowers are lovely too. (Do you think you can boil some of them up to use for dye?) Your hydrangeas are picture perfect!

Beverly said...

I love your Cubist socks. Must try these again sometime soon.