Before I start on my usual Monday morning cleaning, I thought I drop in and show you some pictures first.
We drove up North a little to go for a walk in the country side. Biko was totally hyper, could not walk a straight line, because she didn't know where to sniff first left? or right? or myby a few steps further? It was nice. We saw a lot of horses, but also some sheep.
I even finished something. My Meeresrauschen socks (rav link) designed by Bea are done and I'm pleased with them. They are very stretchy, squishy, and warm. My tension is all over the place, but who cares, not me. Besides the two yarns were not the same brand, so the natural white one was a tiny bit thicker, that didn't help either. But again, it doesn't matter. I'll be careful next time, to choose yarn from the same brand. That will be some time next year, before I'll get to my next stranded knitting project. Of course if it will be sooner, I like to be pleasantly surprised by myself.
I've also figured out Anne's potholder. It's nice and flat now. I've crochet the back the same as the front, just in one color. There will be more.
And I did some yarn dyeing. I had a specific color in mind. The right one came closest. I've already cast on a scarf last night, and so far I'm loving it. I'll be knitting with the other two as well, but probably over dye the finished projects, but that's going to be a while.
From left to right:
100% Polwarth, lace weight, 823yds. Knit Picks Bare 100% merino wool, 880yds. Knit Picks Bare 70%merino 30% silk, 440yds.