Monday, July 06, 2009

On the other side of the weekend.

Before I start on my usual Monday morning cleaning, I thought I drop in and show you some pictures first.
We drove up North a little to go for a walk in the country side. Biko was totally hyper, could not walk a straight line, because she didn't know where to sniff first left? or right? or myby a few steps further? It was nice. We saw a lot of horses, but also some sheep.

July 5

I even finished something. My Meeresrauschen socks (rav link) designed by Bea are done and I'm pleased with them. They are very stretchy, squishy, and warm. My tension is all over the place, but who cares, not me. Besides the two yarns were not the same brand, so the natural white one was a tiny bit thicker, that didn't help either. But again, it doesn't matter. I'll be careful next time, to choose yarn from the same brand. That will be some time next year, before I'll get to my next stranded knitting project. Of course if it will be sooner, I like to be pleasantly surprised by myself.

Meeresrauschen pair done-4


I've also figured out Anne's potholder. It's nice and flat now. I've crochet the back the same as the front, just in one color. There will be more.

1. Anne's potholder done-front 1. Anne's potholder done-back



And I did some yarn dyeing. I had a specific color in mind. The right one came closest. I've already cast on a scarf last night, and so far I'm loving it. I'll be knitting with the other two as well, but probably over dye the finished projects, but that's going to be a while.


dyed July 4- 2x lace weight and 1 x merinosilk fingering weight
From left to right:

100% Polwarth, lace weight, 823yds. Knit Picks Bare 100% merino wool, 880yds. Knit Picks Bare 70%merino 30% silk, 440yds.

***

17 comments:

knottygnome said...

the greys look lovely! one of my favorite colors.

Tracy Purtscher said...

The socks a FAB and the dyed yarn is just waaay too yummy! Love the colors.

sharonv said...

Wow! You live close to a prime source of wool. Any chance of the herder offering you fiber at a discount?

The potholder is lovely, and so are those socks. If I weren't on stranded sock hiatus I'd be making them right now.

Renata S. P. said...

Hi Monika!
Lovely socks! I still wanna learn to knit fairisle!
And the potholder, you already know that I really liked it!!

Anonymous said...

the potholders look amazing & the dye job is fab!

Carrie K said...

I love the socks, they look so comfortable and the pattern is so inviting.

Sheeps! Awesome. I can imagine Biko's excitement!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

The socks are totally awesome! Nice looking pattern. They remind me a bit of the mitten pattern I'm thinking about knitting.

Love the picture of your countryside. Beautiful area where you live ~ so peaceful.

BTW, I think something is wrong with your blogline feed because your last few posts did not show up there on my reader.

illusions said...

Beautiful socks! It's inspiring me to try one. :-)

Alexandra said...

I love the picture of the sheep!

The socks are gorgeous and I love the colors in the potholder!

Maike said...

Wunderschöne Meeressocken!!!!!
und Deine "Spinnereien"----einfach toll!!!!
Liebe Grüße
Maike

Bea said...

grau ist eine wunderschöne Nicht-Farbe für den Herbst und lässt sich mit allem kombinieren.

Ich bin gespannt....

Grüßle, die Bea

hannah said...

That must have been a nice walk, the lanscape is beautiful.

The socks look lovely. The potholders and the yarn too.

Anonymous said...

I know how Nimitz pulls when we go some place extra "smelly" so I can totally imagine Biko checking out everything. The potholder looks great and I love the yarn experiments. Dyeing is such fun!

http://strickfimmel.blogspot.com/ said...

Die Socken sehen sehr schön aus, doch es dauert bestimmt lange, sie zu stricken (durch die zwei Farben).
Das Foto mit den Schafen sieht richtig idyllisch aus, kann mit gut vorstellen, dass Biko ihren Spass hatte. Und das graue Garn gefällt mir sehr gut, wäre ideal für ein Tuch.

T-Mom said...

Beautiful, beautiful greys!

I imagine Biko was thrilled. :) When Taenzer was a puppy I took her to visit a friend who had sheep--she thought sheep droppings were yummy!

Anonymous said...

Your stranded socks are beautiful! I may have to make a pair myself.

lookinout said...

Your posts haven't shown up on bloglines for about a month. Nice to see you again. I really like the socks, and some of your spinning results are amazing.
Gillian