Thursday, July 02, 2009

Another potholder! Or half of one....

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for Hannah!

Yesterday was Canada Day, a very quiet, relaxing day. I spent part of it trying to copy a potholder from pictures. You can see Anne's potholders here.

I especially liked and noticed the orange/green one with the blue in the middle first. There's no pattern so far, but Anne says somewhere on her blog, that she'll write one up eventually. I couldn't wait, so I sat down and tried, and tried, until I finally was satisfied with how mine looked, except ...

Anne's potholder copy

Obviously I still have to work on the increases, it really should be flat, with no waves etc.
Now that I know I can do this, I'll work on my other WIP's but in the future there will be more potholders like this. The yarn I used were left overs from my Log Cabin blanket, it's cotton/microfiber.

10 comments:

Renata S. P. said...

Oh!!
That's so beautiful!! I love it!!
The colors you used, the way they look together, all perfect!!

Sharon V said...

Happy Canada Day. I don't know if that's like Independence Day here in America, but I wish you and your family well all the same.

Lovely potholder, well, it WILL be I'm sure. I don't know why I don't make them when I always need them. One of these days I will.

Maggie said...

Oh, those are gorgeous! I need to figure out how to make those as well. I love that pattern.

Carrie K said...

It looks pretty good for the first whack at the design! And it will still make a perfectly serviceable potholder.

Ruth said...

Consider it a 3D potholder! Original and unique. Don't tell anyone it's a mistake; it's clearly well-thought out, pretty, and should wrap well around the handle because of that little pleat.

Anonymous said...

I always have issues at first with my crochet in the round having too many stitches. I like the pattern you have going there even with the rippling.

Kris B said...

Wow I love the potholder. I imagine the area with the extra flap gives it thickness for good insulation ;).

hannah said...

Nice potholder.

Anonymous said...

Oh Monika, you are to funny! I like your design choice - put it over a sauce pot with a handle and lid,the extra will serve to cover the handle, keeping those precious hands from getting burned! :-)

Judy Boddy said...

Hi There, I have been trying to crochet one of Ann's pot holders. What is the stitch that has a point , like a curly Q top on a ice cream ? It is the blue and limey green row on your pot holder.I have been trying and trying , want to make some for my cooking friends for Christmas, Thanks so much, Judy from Alaska ~~~