Friday, March 02, 2012

Handspun Friday - extra club

Hmm, a long time ago, towards the end of 2010, I was in Pigeonroof Studios fiber club, just for a few month. One month there was a big screw up or something, so the members were promised some extra, and free fiber, since many didn't get theirs. I was lucky to get all installments, plus this extra.

Pigeonroof Studio-extra Fiber club fiber-BFL-4oz-1

It didn't really float my boat, but I knew, if I would put it in my fiber stash, it would take a long time to resurface again, so I've spun it up right away. The photos have been sitting in a folder for a long time now.

Pigeonroof Studios-4oz-BFL-3-ply, 282yds

This is 4oz, BFL, 3-ply, 282yds.

Pigeonroof Studios-4oz-BFL-3-ply, 282yds

I've disabled the word verification again, even with spam coming in, but the new word verification is getting on my nerves, so much so, that I'm not leaving as many comments on other blogger blogs as I would like to.
***
I've been so busy, that I would have forgotten today's blog post, if Kata wouldn't have reminded me! :o)

I've been busy working on finishing my Old Forge blanket. I'm almost done with the knit on garter stitch border! It takes even longer than a picot bind off (no kidding), since for every stitch you bind off, you have to knit two rows of 12 stitches. Anyway, I can't wait to get it off the needles, so I can finally see how it looks, since it's crunched up on the longest circular needle there is.
***

I'm wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
***
And for all the puppy lovers: Here's my sweet boy, Happy! He looks so surprised. I gave him a bone (see in the back on the couch), and it was so precious, that he just sniffed it, and licked it, and looked at it. I took it away later, before the others could get to it.

Happy

***

8 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That yarn is gorgeous! Never would have thought it would look like that from looking at the original fibre.

Love Happy - so cute (and his blankie!)

I'm annoyed by the new word verification too - I've been thinking of turning it off as well.

knottygnome said...

i'm with you. i hate those captcha things with the heat of a thousand fiery suns.

your yarn looks so BFL-y! i wonder if i could have identified it without knowing the fiber content beforehand.

TracyKM said...

I don't understand why the new word verification thing has changed so much. It used to be easy to read the words, but for some reason, now it's almost impossible to decipher the crazy text! I rarely get spam, and I don't think I have word verification, but you probably get a lot more readers than I do :)

Crochet with Raymond said...

it is amazing how fibre looks after it has been spun! Your three ply looks just amazing.
I'm very much looking forward to seeing your Old Forge blanket, have a wonderful weekend

2paw said...

Yes, Happy does look a bit surprised lying on is beautiful blanket. He is looking particularly handsome too, very fluffy and white!!

Anonymous said...

Everytime I see your Happy I miss my Timber but it is nice, to --to be reminded.
~Dawn

Virginia G said...

I would have never expected the colors of that fiber to come out.. gray? It's pretty though.

Stephanie said...

I completely agree that some of those word verification things are next to impossible to read! I've had a few occasions on various blogs where I've had to try multiple times to get it right.

I love how the yarn turned out! Looks so different than the fiber. The gray/neutral portion seems to calm down the variety of colors. Any idea what to do with the yarn or how it will knit up? Seems like it could be good for a baby item, but I have that topic on the brain. ;-)

(sjn821)