♥ Warning, photo heavy post! ♥
I realize that this is an old hat for many of you, who've seen it on Ravelry and/or on flickr already!
Yeah! My Old Forge blanket is done! I can't tell you how much I loved this project from start to finish. As soon as I saw the pattern, I knew I would do it in handspun yarn.
Just to remind you what I've used: variegated BFL for the key lime green, and royal purple I dyed up myself, and some Corgi Hill Farm "Monika's Muse".
This royal purple is impossible to capture:
And here's the finished blanket:
I made some modifications to the orignial. I left out the lace part. Although I like the idea of the lace, I didn't like the lace design.
I also left out the stitch pattern before the border. But before I added the garter ridge border, I did some slip stitching. I would have liked a few more rounds of that, but I didn't know if I had enough yarn left.
I cast on 11 stitches for the border, and knit it a little different than the original. Notes on that are on my Ravelry project page.
I used 5mm needles, but the yarn was mostly chunky and should have been at least a 6mm needle. Oh well, can't do anything about it now. It's still 61inches in diameter. Using 5mm needles, saved me some yarn, but it might not have been enough when using larger size needles, so I'm happy with the outcome.
Even though I took the photos in the morning sun, the colors are not as vibrant as in real life. Still, I love my Old Forge blanket, and have already planned another one, which will be modified as well.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!