Monday, May 28, 2012

Very refreshing!

I've finished a pair of socks over the weekend. It's been a while since I've knit socks. Just didn't feel like it at all. Then I saw Wandering Cat Yarns Chroma Color in Cucumber, and the sock knitting spark was lit.

WCY-Chromacholors in green for one pair of socks-on Barn Cat

By now you all know how much I love green.
These had to be knit toe-up, to get all of the dark color at the toes. I'm using Fleegles toe-up sock recipe, and love it for the perfect fit.

Cucumber socks

Even Denny approved of them. He did the smell test.
Cucumber socks

pattern:Fleegles toe-up socks by Susan Glinert Stevens
yarn: Wandering Cat Yarns Chroma Color in Cucumber
needles: 2.25mm
size: 10.5
I had 4gr of yarn left over from each ball.

Cucumber socks

I've also joined another Mystery KAL, which starts on June 1. It's TTL Mystery Shawl KAL 2012 by Kirsten Kapur. I felt like a little mystery in my life. I'll be using another of Wandering Cat Yarns for this.
Since it's going to be a gift, I'm using the recipients favorite color for it. It's lovely Lilac on Wandering Cat Yarns Continental Cat. I've wound it into a cake, all ready to go.
WCY-Lilac-Continental Cat 100 % sw Merino-750yds



10 comments:

Ashley said...

oooo those socks are beautiful, I love the coloring and how there is a gradient from darker green to white. Everyone keeps talking about the mystery shawl KAL, I'm getting very tempted to join in but I'm already in two other KALs and three swaps! Ah maybeee just maybe... good luck on your projects! :]

Cloudberry said...

Great socks!
I've joined the mystery kal too :)

Zenitude said...

I love those socks, especially the fact that the yarn was dark green at one end.

Walden said...

Love the yarn and the socks turned out wonderful! Definitely going to need to look into getting me some of that yarn.

Kayla said...

So cute result!

Crochet with Raymond said...

your socks are so fun! And very cucumbery, I can see why they named this colourway so! Love the green toes :O)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

socks look fantastic and I can't wait to see the shawl!

Jenny said...

I love the green yarn! I've been hooked on socks lately. Maybe you're now back in the sock zone! Welcome back! LOL

2paw said...

Well they are beautiful and so cleverly green in all the right places!! I am glad Denny approves!!

Virginia G said...

That yarn for the socks is pretty awesome. I like the simplicity of the sock pattern too.