Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day

Mothers Day was over too fast, as all weekends are. It was a lovely day, inside, and outside.
At the end of the day, shortly before the sun was down, she made our tree glow.

May 11
So beautiful! The blossoms in the shade looked purple.

During the day I had fun with the dogs.
Denny & new toy

Denny was worried that I was going to take away the new toy, since it was a present for me. It makes me happy when I see them playing with new toys.

Carrot Cake

The day before Mothers Day my DD and I baked a carrot cake. It's gluten free, and I was not sure how it would turn out. We've used coconut flour for it. (this above photo was taken after the cake was in the fridge for a while)

best carrot cake ever

I shouldn't have worried, because this was the best carrot cake I've ever tasted. Especially right after we had assembled it, and cut it, the cream cheese icing was still a little soft. Yum!

best carrot cake ever

In the afternoon, I finished spinning some fiber, which will be sock yarn soon. Here's a bobbin shot.

FCK Old Rose & Leaf Eater on Falkland-6oz-for 3-ply sock yarn

Oh, and I've got a new sheepy coffee mug, look, it's eying my piece of cake!

new sheepy coffee mug

With all that cake eating, we finished the day off with a nice walk with Denny, Happy, and DD and I.

♥ ♥ ♥

8 comments:

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Beautiful. Happy Mothers Day Monika.
Loani.

CelticCastOn said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!
I made a carrot cake for the first time this weekend too.
Denny looks so cute and innocent with his toy :)

TracyKM said...

Is that the carrot cake from "Wheat Belly"? If not, can you share where you got the recipe? I want to make one next month and thought I should test it, but if you say it's great, then I won't need to test it :)

Lindsay said...

I can't decide which photo makes me the happiest. Denny is adorable, that cake looks to die for, and I so love the spinning and coffee mug.

Linda said...

MMMM, gluten free carrot cake? Sounds like a must-try, and soon. Yours looks delicious!
Oh, and I like the dog's newest toy.

Virginia G said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Love that shot of the tree. Also the one of the Denny.

By the way, due to your (maybe bad) influence, I have plans to purchase spinning supplies at the Webs tent sale this weekend. :)

Stephanie said...

Cake looks yummy! Do you have the recipe? I have Celiac disease, so I have to eat gluten free. Thanks! (sjn821)

2paw said...

Glad you had a lovely Mothers' Day, I can see why Denny was worried you'd want his toy!! the cake looks delicious and sounds yummy too!!