Friday, May 04, 2012

Handspun Friday - Fire on the Water

I had great fun spinning up this fiber. It was hard to decide how to spin it, but in the end it turned out to be a 2-ply yarn.

The fiber is FatCatKnits Day's End "Fire on the Water", 3.6oz Polwarth (my new favorite fiber base).
FCK Day's End Fire on the Water- 4oz Polwarth

FCK-Day's End Fire on the Water 3.6oz Polwarth-2-ply-400yds

This yarn is so springy, and poofy, it was hard to keep it in place. I've got ~ 400 yds of it.
FCK-Day's End Fire on the Water 3.6oz Polwarth-2-ply-400yds

I think I will knit a Jeweled Cowl with it, without the beads, and with less yarn, but nothing is carved in stone.
FCK-Day's End Fire on the Water 3.6oz Polwarth-2-ply-400yds

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

♥ ♥ ♥

12 comments:

Freyalyn said...

Interesting how the green becomes so dominant in the yarn when it didn't seem to be in the fibre. Lovely spinning.

Anne P said...

Polwarth is in my top 3 favorites too. :) And everything's made better with Ginny's colorways!

knottygnome said...

so bright and happy!

Susan said...

I like the spun version better than the original fiber colorway. The bright colors really do look like beads!

Claudia Bugh said...

You'll have to share sometime what it is about Polwarth that you like so much and why it is not commercially seen too often. I think that cowl is the perfect pattern for this yarn ~ you have such a great eye.

Carrie#K said...

Jeweled cowl will be lovely in that! It doesn't need beads, those colors are the real jewels.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Beautiful!

Life's a Stitch said...

Such a lovely spring colour.

2paw said...

What beautiful colours!! I hope you have had a lovely weekend too!!

Virginia G said...

Gorgeous yarn!

I think I want to start spinning. I'm blaming you for that... your handspun is so gorgeous.

Anyway, there's no way I'll be able to catch up with everything, but I hope you, dogs and family are all well.

Hugs
-v

Sharon said...

Your yarn reminds me of candy, delicious. I hope I can get to my wheel soon.

Enjoy your weekend.

Stephanie said...

Great yarn! I think it would definitely work for Jeweled Cowl, but I can't help but think it would make a cute, colorful baby item, but that's probably because our little one will be arriving in approximately 5 weeks! :-) (sjn821)