Friday, March 26, 2010

The day after ...

On Wednesday I had to get out of the house, couldn't stand staying cooped up. It was like I had ants in my pants.
March 24-3
So we once again drove to Lake Marie, where we were last Saturday, when it snowed a little. This time it was sunny and warm, still not much green to be seen though. Soon this pathway will be overgrown like a jungle, full of mosquitoes.
Even though it still looks all dead and brown, there are some signs that Spring is here. A pair of Canada geese have a nest in there somewhere, and this time they were quiet like a church mouse.
The only really pretty shade of green was this one tree, with it's soft long needles. Oh hush, I don't know it's name, I'm glad I know it's a tree, and I know grass is grass, so I'm no botanist. What's in a name? When I see something beautiful I enjoy it.

March 24- looking at nature during hike

Happy was really excited to be out there again. And I was quite proud, when he made a wee spritz twice! You see, so far he NEVER pee's or poops when out and about, he always holds it in until we get home, so this was progress!

March 24-Happy on hi ssecond hike

The lake was still frozen, although it was soft ice on top. I expect it's more solid today, since we've got -9C this morning.
By the way, Happy hates his harness. Whenever I grab it to put it on him, he runs away at first. He also hates car rides, but I'm determined to show him, that a car ride has much fun at the end (mostly).
The short hike was lovely. Wind was blowing softly, the sun was warm, but not yet too hot, it opened up my soul, and blew out all the sadness.

***

21 comments:

momsue84 said...

I am so glad to hear the healing has begun.

lexa said...

Looks like a nice place to go for a walk. Happy sure is a handsome boy.

Cindy said...

And, how could you not find joy in that little face?

sgeddes said...

Sherman used to hold everything until we got home too! Funny.

Kathy... said...

So nice that you and Happy had such a good time together... I'm sure it helped you both - even if only a wee bit. Take care - you are in my thoughts.
k

Sharon V said...

It looks like it was a lovely day for a nice long walk. Your new camera takes great pictures, too!

Since there are no pictures of Happy running or lunging for his frisbee, then the pictures say he was very well behaved for his walk.

Anonymous said...

"Wind was blowing softly, the sun was warm, but not yet too hot, it opened up my soul, and blew out all the sadness."

That was lovely. Sending you both hugs.

- Denise (dlotter on ravelry)

CelticCastOn said...

Looks like a lovely day for a romp. Happy definitely has his smile on for the camera. He'll learn to love the car,once he realizes there are adventures after the ride :)

susannasplace said...

Die Zeit heilt alle Wunden... heisst es.

Ich bin in Gedanken bei Euch.

Susan said...

I love how his tongue hangs out the side of his mouth when he pants. What a goof!

I always have a lot of nervous energy when grieving. I think doing something gives my mind a bit of a break.

2paw said...

Happy looks wonderful, and that's fabulous weeing news!!! A walk does blow away the cobwebs and how can you be sad when you are looking at that beautiful face???

La Cabeza Grande said...

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I can see why you named your pup "Happy."

Beverly said...

It's nice to see you and Happy out and enjoying yourselves. May the sadness continue to be lifted from your heart.

Michelle said...

Oh, Happy. Things Nimitz could teach you. Loving the car, peeing on the good smells, running right over when Mom picks up a set of keys. Looks like a great day out.

Frieda said...

Glad to hear that the walk lifted your spirits . I'm sure the bundle of energy that is Happy helped too . Wonderful photos ...

Linda said...

What a beautiful walk, no wonder it blew away some sadness, take care and give Happy a big pat for me!

http://leafgreenknits.wordpress.com/

Gloria Patre said...

Your snow is all gone!! I'm envious! What a beautiful place to visit!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice walk. Happy is such a happy looking dog. Perfect name!

Virginia G said...

I'm glad to hear that the hike did you and Happy some good.

Jeanne said...

He looks so happy - he really does have the perfect name!

Glad you are starting to find joy.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Lovely to see you out and about having fun! The harness seems like it would be a great idea.

BTW, I've ordered the DVDs and got an immediate bonus e-booklet download. We are doing better. I am employing the principle of focusing on what I want him to do rather than on what he can't do and it's going much better.