Wednesday, November 25, 2009

You Snag

you snag x 2 Sept. 18-4

Hannah asked me to knit a couple of wrist warmers for her friends. She choose You Snag by Ms. Pixie Riot, found on ravelry. She could have easily knit them herself, but sure, why not.
The black ones are for a young man, and I made them like the pattern suggested. The other ones are for a girl. There I dropped stitches only every other column, so they would not be so wide. I used left over yarn from socks I've knit, on 2.75mm needles.
They were going to Australia, and arrived safely, and were received with joy.

you snag x 2 Sept. 18-2

Since I was already knitting wrist warmers, I made a pair for her too. She likes stripes, and this was the only self striping yarn I had in stash. I think they are too colorful for her, but I like them. They are too snug on my hands, but should fit hers well.

fingerless mittens for Hannah-2

pattern: Jacoby by Berroco Design Team
yarn: Regia 4-ply, Nation Color # 5399
needles: 2mm

Great and easy pattern.

fingerless mittens for Hannah-3
It's incredible hard to take pictures just with one hand.

fingerless mittens for Hannah-1
Usually I don't bother with matching stripes, but this time I wanted them to match, and it was kind of fun. I made the thumbs longer than the pattern called for.

7 comments:

2paw said...

That's a funny name, here a snag is a sausage or a Sensitive New Age Guy!! That's a clever pattern though they won;t be wearing their wristwarmers for a good six months or so!! Love the matching stripes, all stripes should match so beautifully!!!

RC said...

Nice! I love the stripes, so much fun.
I love wrist warmers and wear them all winter, especially when driving

Sharon V said...

Your wrist warmers are lovely. I particularly like Hannah's because the colors are so lively.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Awww. What a good natured Mom you are! I love the mittens ~ particularly the colorful ones you made for Hannah. I am so impressed by the color stripes matching so well. I want to do that with socks one day!

Anonymous said...

Cute wrist warmers. I have socks with the regia rainbow striped yarn and I really like them. Hopefully your daughter likes them!

Carrie K said...

I like that Sensitive New Age Guy being a snag somewhere.

Huh, I would never have thought of dropped stitches for fingerless mitts but they do look nice. They'd be more weather appropriate here too.

Your stripes match perfectly! I like the bright colors for winter wear.

hannah said...

All the wristwarmers look very nice but of course I love the bright coloured striped ones most.