Friday, November 27, 2009

Dog Park!

At the beginning of November I finally remembered to take the camera with me, when we went to the dog park. We go there 3-5 times a week, never on weekends. It's too crowded on Saturday and Sunday. Whole families go there, from Baby to Great Aunt, and maybe their pooch too, if they don't forget to take him. It's just plain crazy on weekends.

There is always someone there, if only a couple of dog walkers, who come with two mini vans and bring about 20 dogs with them. This was one of those days.

dog park Nov. 3-3
you can click on the photos and go to flickr and look at them in the original size if you want to

This is Biko, she LOVES to go to the park. She thinks she's the Queen, and has to greet and meet every newcomer, be it four or two legged. She's always on the move, sniffing, and peeing. She even lifted one of her hind legs to pee twice! No kidding, she's female and does that. Queen indeed.

dog park Nov. 3-5
I was crouching there when she came running, checking out the competition.

Well, Biko is coming back to check in. In the background there are lots of dog walker dogs. It's also the mud area. By the way, as I stood up from my crouching point, I saw that right beside me was a big dog turd, just missed it by a foot step.

dog park Nov. 3-8
Happy kept close to me at first, but with her encouragement he ventured away from me soon enough. This was a good day for him. Usually he spends most of his time there on his back, because one or the other dogs plays rough. He's really a big chicken and squeals like a pig, even before something really happens. As I said, this was a good day for him, nobody was interested in him much. Sometimes we take his Frisbee with us, and any and all dogs, big or small can take it away from him, he's that "generous".

dog park Nov. 3-6
Here he looks as big as the brown dog, but was really smaller. He's just standing a little higher. He is scared of small dogs, so he watches this one carefully.

dog park Nov. 3-7
Of course he has to pick the blind guy to sniff butt, the one who can't chase him away! Got to learn sniffing butt at some point, right?

dog park Nov. 3-9
Biko and Happy went by me heading in the other direction. The entrance is at the far left corner. Biko is looking to the right. Can you see the two lumps far back, when you look up from her shoulder?

dog park Nov. 3-10
Here you can see those "lumps" a little better. It's a couple of senior dogs, the dog walkers brought along. They always lye down side by side and watch the others fool around.


dog park Nov. 3-11

This guy was looking at Happy funny, who just wanted to sniff his butt, but thought better not this time.

dog park Nov. 3-12

I felt really honored when I saw the two seniors get up and waddle up to me! They came all the way over to greet me. I must have looked quite interesting with my camera pointing in their direction. I didn't even think they saw me, but they did. Well we said Hello, and went on our way.

dog park Nov. 3-13

14 comments:

Renata S. P. said...

These walks must be really great, for you and for them =)
I really love dogs, unfortunatelly my King cannot go for big walks anymore... Old Age.

2paw said...

Thank you for the lovely tour of the dog park. Happy has grown bigger and braver!! I love his careful sniffing of the black dog, he has no ears!!! Aren't the old senior dogs gorgeous?? Looks like they have a great time too. Biko is the Queen, like Harki I think!!!

lexa said...

Looks like fun! Wish we had a place like that here.

Charlene said...

I've come to realize something....i originally came here looking at your knitting/spinning, but now I'm returning to check up on Biko and Happy. What fun they have!

Sharon said...

Biko and Happy are lucky to have so much room to run around in!

I personally love dogs when they're old, lazy and too tired to be anything but a really great companion.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

How fun to tag along with you guys to the dog park! I can't imagine being in charge of 20 dogs at once - that must be so confusing and crazy.

When Happy is a few pounds heavier and more experienced I wonder if he will still be "generous" with his toys - LOL

RC said...

that park looks great! nice and big. LOVE all the puppy pics. I'm psyched Happy had a good day

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Ah I died and went to doggie heaven.

Knatolee said...

Love the happy doggy photos! ANd look, and English setter! I grew up with English setters and had one (inherited from my mother) until 2006 (when she had to be euthanized at the age of 14-1/2)

Mo said...

Great post! Love all of the doggie pics!

The senior dogs have beautiful faces!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving Day!

Anonymous said...

That's a nice looking park you have. Poor Happy. I'm sure that he'll be feeling quite confident soon enough! Nimitz will sniff all the dogs to say hi but then he stays near me and won't play with anyone. Especially when the dog walkers show up with all the dogs.

Tina said...

Thanks for taking me to your park with you! Great fun pictures. Guess what – our princess Flavie pees with both hind legs up. No kidding. Always.
I would be careful with taking the Frisbee (any toy, even a stick) when so many dogs are around – aggression problems could occur. They don’t have to, just a thought of mine.

Knatolee said...

Love the doggy pics and oooooh! An English Setter. I grew up with them and you still don't see that many around.

Knatolee said...

I worry myself, Monika. I see I already commented on this back in November!!! My memory is appalling. Hahahaha!