Sunday, November 01, 2009

Do I really need a title?

Right, thanks for the warm welcome back! I'm sorry if you have followed me on flickr or ravelry, so you'll already know some of the photos of Happy or my knitting. I'll be done with the old stuff soon, moving on to new projects and pictures of the pups.

To follow up, here's Happy in September (17 weeks old).

Sept. 25-13
We found out that his choice of favorite toy is the frisbee! As much as Biko likes her tennis ball, and Sam liked his big red Jolly ball, Happy will do anything for his frisbee. He didn't actually catch it in this picture, but was just playing around. At least he was bringing it back for me to throw it again.

Sept. 25-6-Happy 17 weeks

Playing with a frisbee was new to me too, so he had to get into odd places to retrieve it. One is still in the backyard of the neighbour, since they never go there during this time of year. We'll get it back eventually.

Sept. 25-5

And here you see Biko (looking like a tank says Kelly), after her last swim for this season back in September. She's all puffed up, still wet, and glad that HE's not bothering her for a moment. Happy also likes the Jolly ball.

Sept. 25-15

I haven't spun anything for about 2 month now, that is, until this last week. I took the wheel out of its hiding place in the corner, and was happy to see that I still could do it. Still, I'm a little slow I think, since the pups knocked it over twice, before I realized I had to put it away, after I played with it. Of course knocking it over did nothing for the wheel's health. I had to figure out what's wrong with it, since the drive band was acting weird, and jumping off twice. I'm glad to say I eventually found the problem, afer I nearly took it apart into all it's pieces, oiled the heck out of it, and it wasn't even a big deal. The wooly winder was the culprit, I just had to push a piece (don't know what it's called) back into it's place, and the drive band has now a clear way to do its thing. Now it's smooth spinning again. Yeah!

On the knitting front:
Over the next little while, I'll show you:
8 pairs of socks
2 pairs of mittens
3 pairs of fingerless mittens
1 knit market bag
1 crochet market bag
1 pin cushion
1 1/2 lace scarves
something sewn and
one finished handpun yarn. Hmm, yeah that's about it. So, that's what you can look forward to. :o)

What's that now? You want to see another picture of the pups, well here it is. Do you remember in the beginning, when we got Happy he could run around comfortable UNDER Biko's belly? He sure can't anymore.

Sept. 25-17-Happy 17 weeks

12 comments:

CelticCastOn said...

hehehe Love Biko the Tank :)
Happy looks to be growing into his ears, he's gonna be a big boy!

momsue84 said...

Look how Happy has grown!! He is still just adorable. Thanks for the pictures. Our Monty loved his frisbee, too. Can't wait to see the knitting. Soooooooo good to have you back.

lexa said...

Biko looks HUGE in that photo! And is Happy ever growing fast.

Kris said...

What lovely pics of the dogs. Last summer we got some free frisbees from Giant Tiger.

Re your knitting, boy have you been busy during your blogging hiatus!

Lovely to have you back, Monika.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to comment on your last post but my computer crashed and I didn't get back to it. I'm so glad that you're back though! I know what you mean about missing the blog people but not necessarily the blog. I'm debating coming back to blogging because of the people just like you. Can't wait to see more projects and puppies!

Sharon said...

I love to see the dogs together. Happy always looks like he hasn't a care in the world.

At the rate Happy is growing, he's going to be towering over Biko soon!

2paw said...

Wow, you have been really busy with your craft!!
Biko does look slightly tank-like.
Gilly has a new frisbee too. Hers has a bone shape raised on top so it's easy to pick up. Don't puppies grow fast, Happy looks wonderful and very handsome and cute!!
Glad you are 'back', we missed you and yours!!

Bea said...

Happy hält dich ganz schön auf Trab :-)

Grüßle, die Bea

knottygnome said...

welcome back! sounds like you've been busy. :-)

T-Mom said...

Mr. Bright-Eyes! He is SO adorable!

Carrie K said...

I'm sure Biko is eternally grateful that he can't walk under her anymore! He's so cute.

Wow, lots of knitting to show off! Looking forward to it.

Renata S. P. said...

Lovely Pictures!
I really enjoy when you post pictures of Biko and Happy, they are so cute =)
And, wow!!! A lot of knitting to show, ha? Jusr can't wait to see it!