Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kiila

I'm trying to get my backlog of finished knitting shown here, that sometime in the near future, I'll be able to blog "real time". This pair of socks must be the oldest FO right now.
Back in May there was a Mystery KAL on ravelry and I participated, because the designer was Yarnissima.
Even though I've bought sock kits from her, this was my first pair of socks I`ve knit, which she designed.
Finished Kiila May 24-6

I must admit, I was a little disappointed because the design was so simple. I'd expected more somehow. I didn't like how the transition from the cables on the foot to the cables on the leg was executed. Other then that, I don't remember much about it.

Finished Kiila May 24-5

pattern: Yarnissima
yarn: Jojoland Melody, 100% wool, color # Y20-2043, 2 x 50g
needles: DP 2.5mm
start-finish: May 4-24 (it took so long, since we got one clue each week)

***
This past weekend, I enjoyed reading more than anything. I still knit a little on my Triangular Scarf with Leaf Pattern by Nancy Bush, but Stieg Larsson's Trilogy just kept me enthralled I could not help myself. I've only got the two first books The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and The Girl who played with Fire, leaving me antsy to get my hand on the last book. Thank god it was released this October in English in the UK, and now it`s on its way to me, albeit the Royal Post`s ongoing strike. I hope my package slips through.

***

13 comments:

Kirsten said...

I love the Jojoland yarn. It adds a bit of interest to the simplicity of the socks.

knottygnome said...

i kind of like the simplicity. they seem like they would make good boy socks.

i'm not a big fan of mystery kals, however, i prefer to see what i'm getting in advance.

Cloudberry said...

Beautiful socks!
I haven't read any og Stig Larsson's books, but they are very populare here in Scandinavia.

Sharon said...

I like the socks and they'd be perfect for my son. He doesn't like 'girly' socks so those would be perfect.

Happy reading and knitting to you.

Mo said...

Stieg Larsson's trilogy books are next on my reading list too! I do love the color and simplicity of the socks.

I just picked up a trilogy by British mystery author, Ann Cleeves. I liked her previous book: The Sleeping and The Dead.

Frieda said...

I hope it slips through . I LOVED the first one , have the second , waiting for our holiday to start reading it , I'm barely able to restrain myself from starting it earlier . Mike has read it and is eagerly awaiting number 3 . Who did you order it from ?

The socks are beautiful , no surprise , everything you knit is gorgeous . The yarn is such a nice colour.!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

I love those socks! It may be a simple design, but it is really pretty and elegant :)

Thanks for sharing what you are reading. I'll have to check those books out!

leandra said...

These Stieg Larsson books are very addictive, indeed. I also saw the film adaption of the first book last week in Vienna.

Grüße aus Wien
Martina

RC said...

the socks look great! I love jojoland melody....
your's is the 2nd mention of the girl with the dragon tatoo... I'm going to have to put it on my library list now!

Dreams of Yarn said...

WOW, I just love the color of that yarn and the pattern with the yarn is incredible looking!

Anonymous said...

A simple pattern is nice to show the color transitions in the yarn. The cable transition at the heel looks interest. Someday you'll catch up with the blog! :-)

2paw said...

My Holds List at the Library is full, but I will add these to my Wish list right now!!

hannah said...

I understand what you mean about the pattern. But still those are lovely socks you made.