Wednesday, December 26, 2007

So, Christmas is NOT all about presents?

I disagree! We are celebrating a Birthday here, and what's a Birthday without presents? ;o)
O.K. so it's not my Birthday, but I still got some wonderful gifts. I thought you might be interested in my fibery goodies. I've got this wonderful wooden vase (wood is fiber too) , and scented candle called pumpkin (pumpkin's have fiber) from my DH. The funny looking thing in front is a ...
... needle holder, which I've got from my daughter. It comes from "Unique Wood Gifts" (Vancouver Island) and is made from "Birds Eye Maple". Isn't it wonderful? She also got me this Celestial Merino sock yarn from Lucy Neatby. The color is mermaid. Should be interesting to see how it knits up. The funny thing about Lucy Neatby's labels is, that there's this slogan printed on it, which cracks me up: "Make your yarn happy- Knit it now!" :o) I know I'm easily amused.
My son got me FatCatKnits fiber to spin. Lovely colorways. Can't wait to get to it. (There was some natural fiber too, but that's not pretty enough to be photographed.)
My creation
My DH financed these books as well. I made sure that I got the ones I really wanted. But have to say the two beaded knitting books are not what I was hoping for. But the other two books are wonderful! Have yet to get down and read them, just skimmed them so far.

I also got some money from my parents and grandmother, which got converted to fiber, which I'll show you eventually.
Still in holiday mode, so after I'll get the pups tired, I'll sit down and read a novel for once!
BTW, I'm stalled on my friends mittens. They turned out bigger than the original, the gauge is way off, even with using the same needle size and sock yarn. They must have used very thin yarn for their gauge and measurements. I'm debating with myself whether to go on or rip them. It's such a pity, because I like them, they are a lot of work though. In the meantime I started a Shetland Triangle Shawl (another one) for her. This time with thicker yarn, and it's going fast!

So, New Year's coming. How do I know? Well, they started on fireworks already! Which would not interest me one way or the other, but Sam started hyperventilating as soon as he heard the first pop. Can't wait till that's over!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice haul! I love that wooden vase. It's gorgeous.

Knittypants said...

What lovely Christmas presents, the needle holder is so cute.

Sue J. said...

Poor Sam! I so understand. Milo is just that way and so was Wolfie. And we have neighbors behind us who love to put on fireworks displays. We may actually sedate him this year. I, too, will be so glad when it's over. Then we just have to go through it again on July 4.

Angelika said...

I love it. I got a angel christmas ornament. My kids' budget is limited and my husband isn't here. So sad.

lexa said...

That wooden vase is really neat, and I love the needle holder.

hakucho said...

Nice gifts!! I love your new needle holder, very unusual. Knitting related gifts are the best :)

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

that vase is lovely! Very pretty!

shannon said...

Poor Sam! Josie gets the same way here. We're wondering how the new neighborhood will be about fireworks. I'm guessing it will be much quieter here than at our old place.

Love the gifts! I didn't get fiber, but I finished gifts in time...

I need to photograph them to share.

Yarn Devil said...

I like your yarn label too!! Very fun!

Anonymous said...

Nice gifts! Everything looks beautiful.

Sorry about the mittens, I hope you find a way to change it.

sgeddes said...

Great gifts! I really love that vase. The coloring and the shape is so lovely and interesting to look at.

The needle holder is neat too. I know you will make great use of that pretty new fiber too!

Maggie said...

Your son knows how to get you indie dyed fibre for Christmas? LUCKY! :)

Anonymous said...

You have been SUCH a busy bee with all your knitted gifts! They're all so gorgeous! You got such beautiful and thoughtful gifts too! Lucky, lucky you!! Happiest New Year to you!

Violiknit said...

Fantastic gifts! I especially love the vase and the needle holder....but I love the yarn and fibers too!