Monday, December 10, 2007

? Monday ? - where's the weekend gone?



I like this simple but beautiful scarf. Jared put down some general directions for it. It's not rocket science, but I like to look at his pictures of Noro striped scarf (and all his other photos of his wonderful work). I choose to do the edge differently, I like the way it looks, and it's easier. I'm using Noro Silk Garden colorway # 239 & 203. I'm halfway through with it, but now that the secret knitting is done, I can put more time into this project.


I'm spinning "Pie for Everyone" Spunky Eclectics November Club fiber. It's 100% Falkland wool, 4oz. At first I was disappointed, when I saw it, but once I started spinning it, I grew to like it. We'll see how it will look once finished.


While browsing on ravelry I found this circular neckwarmer and Paeivi was kind enough to put up the pattern for it! I absolutely love it, because I think I'll never going to knit a sweater for me, but I like my Beethoven Dickey very much, only it's like a bip, and leaves the shoulders cold. This neck warmer is next on my list. Thank you, Paeivi!



Larry sent me a picture of his finished Kyla mittens, here's another shot. I think its a lovely colorway. Thanks for sharing, Larry!
And, I've finished Hannah's socks. They where meant to be for Christmas, but I didn't get the yarn in time. I'll send them to her after Christmas.
With yarn like that, it was not necessary to knit an intricate stitch pattern. I've tried, but to my utter delight the yarn striped, and did NOT pool! What more could you want from yarn. Besides it is so busy by itself, no fancy - shmancy is needed.

They are size 9, knit with 2.25mm 5 DP needles. 60 stitches for the leg, 56 stitches for the foot. The yarn came from Amy Shimel's etsy store Electric Sheep Fibers. It's very soft (superwash), and it was fun to knit a basic sock again.
My creation

15 comments:

Yarn Devil said...

Your scarf is beautiful. Love those socks! Definate smokin hot colours there! Very fun!

Thank you!

Lisa said...

I love the Noro scarf and those gorgeous socks! The striping is wonderful. I think the fiber looks pretty good. I can't wait to see how it spins up.

Tracy Purtscher said...

Oooo the socks look great and I love that neckwarmer, thanx for pointing us in that direction.

I am getting soooooo sick of knitting scarves I could scream!!!!!!! lol

Päivi, Lankakomero said...

Glad you like it! It has now a new name, Ambitus neckwarmer. I'm planning to knit Kyla mittens for myself, they are so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous scarf! Noro always amazes me. How are you doing the edging?

Anonymous said...

The scarf looks very nice. I like the socks too.

I am very curious about the yarn you are spinning.

The neckwarmer looks nice and warm, do you already know what yarn you will going to use?

Hannah
http://www.hannahknits.web-log.nl/

Carrie K said...

I can't believe it's Monday either.

The Noro scarf and the socks are beautiful! I can't wait to see how Pie for everyone spins/knits up.

That is one clever circular neckwarmer. Hmmmm. Do I have enough time?

sgeddes said...

I liek the scar. I always enjoy seeing the different combinations that people come up with for it.

The socks came out great. I'm also looking forward to seeing how the fiber is spinning up too.

DAWN said...

I love that scarf as well. One of these days I will make one, too.

Pat said...

Thanks for the neck warmer pattern! Love your Noro scarf AND the chocolate/strawberry socks - lucky Hannah!

Angelika said...

Love the socks. Hot pink and black seems to be a popular combination these days?

Kathleen said...

I just finished a 1x1 scarf for my brother's Christmas present. Just one color. It was my mindless knitting project for t.v. watching.

Strickfimmel said...

Der Noroschal sieht super aus. Bei so einem schönen Garn kann man ruhig auf ein aufwendiges Muster verzichten. Auch Hannahs Socken schauen toll aus. Das Garn gefällt mir. Und Danke für den Link für den Neckwarmer. Sieht richtig kuschelig aus.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Love, love, love the stripe socks! I've never knit socks that stripe - so fun. Hannah will love them! BTW, beautiful "ice" sculpture - I'm with you - much rather be cold that hot.

Violiknit said...

I love those striped socks for Hannah :) That Noro scarf is looking beautiful too. (I don't know what it is but I'm not always loving Spunky Eclectic's colors...)