Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Fiber!

My creation

While shoveling snow yesterday at noon, the mail man stopped and handed my son two packages, filled with this gorgeous fibers. Whew, at least those two get crossed off the list, to worry about. I'm really in a strong spinning mood, and who can blame me, with all these wonderful dyed fibers?
Pick Up Sticks had roving on sale, which I've been waiting for. I didn't get the colorway I wanted most, they sold that fast. But still, I like FatCatKnits dyeing very much. I've never spun Funky Carolina before, looking forward to do that.
Amy of Electric Sheep Fiber makes me drool over her dyed fiber. I even got some sock yarn "Gothic Beauty" for some socks for Hannah. They should have been in her Christmas package, but I didn't get it in time. So, she'll get them after Christmas. It will still be cold in January, right?



So, now I've got another four packages to worry about. Hope they'll arrive soon, or at least on time. Now I'll be busy with my fiber, you understand. Ta ta!

PS Can you tell I'm having fun with my new tool? :o)

PPS Have you seen the winter Knitty.com??? There are so many wonderful patterns I want to make, I'm breathless. :o)

14 comments:

Marianne said...

Mercy! I had to get my drool bucket out, the BIG one! It's like looking at Christmas morning, eh?
Beautiful!
(now I'm going to gaze lovingly at them some more :^)

Tracy Purtscher said...

Jeepers! I'm almost scared to go to the flikcr page. This little mosaic of tiny shots is enough to get my heart pounding!!!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Is your new tool what allows you to do the "collage" pictures? I really like that. Your pictures are always very sharp and clear - and you have a good eye for a picture. Love all the fiber yarn goodies. Can't wait to see what you create with all that loot! Thanks for the links to your fiber shops :)

Teresa said...

Wow..I find myself fondling my computer screen! All those rovings are gorgeous! I'm excited to see how they spin up. I'm really getting a passion for knitting socks lately. But they usually end up for someone else so I never get to enjoy them. At least until after christmas. :D

Maggie said...

I love the Fat Cat colours, and the red/brown FC.

sweetfigs said...

Gorgeous roving! It will be fun to see how it spins up.

Anonymous said...

I must have FatCats!

Angelika said...

With all the fiber don't forget to keep shoveling the walk way, just in case the mailman has more stuff for you. Wouldn't want him getting stuck now ;)

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

oh my! That is some pretty stuff! yum!

Anonymous said...

Hallo - da kann ich nur eins sagen - wow - die Wolle ist ja traumhaft.....

Liebe GrĂ¼sse - Manuela

hakucho said...

Wonderful fiber....I just love the hot pink and black. That will make a very cute pair of socks for Hannah :)

Anonymous said...

The fiber is a real haul! No wonder you're in the mood to spin!! Forgive my ignorance but I'm curious about the braids. Do you unbraid them before using them? Is the braid just to keep them tidy for shipping etc? It sure shows off the colors nicely! No guess work about what shades you're getting.

Anonymous said...

Nice fibers! Aren't you dyeing fibers or yarns yourself?

http://hannahknits.web-log.nl/

Violiknit said...

Ooh, such yummy fibers! I agree the new Knitty has some great stuff!