Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Voodoo you love me?

SCF January 2013-swBFL-Fuego-100gr-112yds-Voodoo monster

What can you do when you don't have a lot of yardage when counting your handspun yarn?

Make a toy! They don't usually need a lot of yardage, like this little guy.

pattern: Voodoo you love me? by Susan Claudino
yarn: SCF January Fiber Club Fuego, M-plied, 112yds (had a few yards left over), chunky yarn
needles: 3.75mm (only because it's a toy, that had to be stuffed, otherwise this yarn would need 5mm needles, when used for a hat etc.)

SCF January 2013-swBFL-Fuego-100gr-112yds

SCF January 2013-swBFL-Fuego-100gr-112yds-Voodoo monster

This guy wears an ear ring, which has "Happiness" stamped on it. And he wears a leather necklace with a paw print. Fancy, fancy! ;o)

He`s my Voodoo monster, guarding my yarn!

SCF January 2013-swBFL-Fuego-100gr-112yds-Voodoo monster -




13 comments:

Diana said...

so adorable :-)) hard not to love him :-))

Nikkole said...

Adorable!

San @ Made in Hem said...

He's wonderful! Great to see what you can make with a skein of handspun yarn! ♥

2paw said...

I'm too afraid to go near your stash now!!!

Delusional Knitter said...

Perfect use for that handspun. Looks like it was made to be!

monica said...

He is adorable!

lexa said...

Cute!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

he is ADORABLE!!! I'm going to have to make one... and I think I have some of your handspun left to do it!

Linda said...

Inspirational FO; thanks for the link to a great pattern!

cabbage rose said...

Gah! He is so cute! He needs a girlfriend! :)

Anonymous said...

He is gorgeous. You've inspired me to make one, as I have some hand spun which is short on yardage and I didn't want to make fingerless mitts. Thank you. Anita

Lynn One, Purl Two said...

Absolutely adorable! I love him Monika!

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Thanks for the inspiration. He's darling! Definitely will need to make one, or three. :)