Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Tour de Fleece - Day 5

Sooooooo, I passed the point of this being fun last night. I was ready to just not finish the 4oz of Henry, but I'm stubborn, plus my son kept cheering me on. So I finished it in good time, which means before 10PM.


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This is FatCatKnits Henry on Falkland. Yes, I know, I have a lot of Falkland, but I think it's good sock material. I chain plied it, and got 282yds. I still have another 4oz to spin. This is so much softer than the old Falkland from 5 years ago. Ginny sure learned a lot about handling fiber, and dyeing it, plus she said she has a different supplier now too. I could spin Falkland all day long, wait, I did that already.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It's hot out again today, in the morning we had some rain, but now it's searing hot. This little skein was dry in no time at all. I did have to ply it this morning, so I started on my today's fiber in the afternoon.

TdF day 5

I've got two bobbins done. It's going to be another 3-ply yarn. It's another old fiber from 2007, but it's 100% merino combed top. Ripping it into strips helped counter that it's compacted from hiding under all the other fiber. It's a lovely colorway, called Toadstool. I think I'm going to finish the third bobbin tonight, and ply again tomorrow morning. I haven't made up my mind yet, whether I'm going to spin the second 4oz of this colorway right away, or not.

TdF day 5

With all this spinning, the pups are bored. Not even the smell of pork chops sizzling in the pan helped lighten their mood. They can't be swimming all day, can they? Well, I know they think they can, but they are not on vacation! I could really need some cheering, instead of making me feel guilty. They are really good at THAT!

Denny is bored.

***

10 comments:

Beverly said...

What can I say but gorgeous! This going to make a lovely pair of socks. You have the most interesting TdF blog I have seen thus far.

CelticCastOn said...

ohhhh that Henry is lovely. That will make a nice pair of sockies.
Hang in there Denny, I think you only have two days left :)

Anonymous said...

You are doing so awesome! I usually only spin on the weekedn for some reason. :) All your yarn are so fabulous.

Sharon said...

You must be making a pretty serious dent in your stash already! Congrats! Henry is very pretty and so is Toadstool.

Summer isn't over yet - the pups have weeks of swimming ahead of them. Just as soon as the Tour ends, that is.

tofu said...

Your dog is soooooo cute!! :)

knottygnome said...

i greatly admire your ambition. i finally got back into spinning but i am taking it very slowly. what are you going to do with all this lovely handspun yarn?

Walden said...

Love the color of the Henry!

I completely agree with the guilt, pets are wonderful at making you feel like they never get to have fun! :)

Carrie#K said...

Denny looks like a Bad Cheerleader. Honestly, he's not even trying. ;)

Henry is really gorgeous! It might be the name but it really looks like the gold/red colors of Alice Starmore's Henry VIII.

monica said...

Poor Poor Denny. :)

Michelle said...

Love the Henry! I didn't spin much today since I had some errands and went to the movies so I'm hoping that renews my zest for spinning tomorrow.