Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tour de Fleece - Day 22

Of course it was Denny who destroyed my shawl, and as Cindy said, he's got the Naughty Puppy Disease! Latest I heard, there's no cure for that.

I can't tell you how glad I am, but I'm done with Tour de Fleece! I've finished my last yarn today. First I finished spinning the singles,
TdF - day 22- Farmer Phil -BFL- singles-4oz

then I chain plied it,
TdF - day 22-Farmer Phil- chain plied

after that it got a hot bath, and was hung out to dry. Now it's done.

TdF - day 22-Farmer Phil- chain plied-304yds

TdF - day 22-Farmer Phil- chain plied-304yds

This was colorway Farmer Phil on BFL, chain plied, 304yds, 4oz. I've got another 4oz in my stash, and I think I'll spin, and ply it the same way, because I really like how it came out, but not right away.

TdF - day 22-Farmer Phil- chain plied-304yds

Now, I'm going to take a break from spinning, at least for a week or so. I need to get my July socks started. I've cast on another shawl, but didn't feel like knitting during the last couple of weeks. I hope that will change now.

***
Here's a video of the pups enjoying themselves:



***

6 comments:

Beverly said...

You did such a great job during TdF that I'm sure a rest is well deserved. This is perfect for fall. Have you decided what it's going to be?

Walden said...

Love the yarn and the pups are adorable!

Sharon said...

My spinning stool has had quite a workout, and like you, I'm done with spinning for a little bit. Spinning is so much better in the Fall when the weather is cooler.

Your pups are adorable! I like how Happy worked out that no one can get his toy if he dives into the pool! Smart doggie!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love the puppy tug or war.
That yarn is gorgeous too!

Susan said...

Congratulations on completing the Tour!

2paw said...

I love Happy and Maggie's tug of war and then Maggie doing circuits around the pool, hoping Happy would accidentally get out and give her the toy!! Then magically Denny appeared and happy whacked him on the head in the pool to show who was boss!!
I think that Naughty Puppy Disease is catching!!!