Saturday, July 02, 2011

Tour de Fleece - Day 1

For those of you who are not interested in spinning, it's going to be a tough time around here until Tour de Fleece is over.

This morning, at around 8:30AM I grabbed a braid out of my fiber box, and started spinning.
At around 4Pm I've spun 4oz of Falkland in the colorway Peacock.

TdF 2-11-day 1-Peacock-4oz-Falkland

It's still amazing to me that I could do that, with time to spare to chain ply it later tonight.

I've also decided on what to spin next. It's also Falkland fiber, but it will be a real 3-ply. I've ripped the first 1/3 of the fiber into strips, but will spin it all tomorrow.
It looks so pretty.
TdF 2011- day 1

It's been in my fiber stash for a couple of years now! It's time for it to be spun.

While I'm spinning, I see this:
July 2-6

They were sleeping in the same position, but as soon as I stopped treadling, they both looked up. Where's Denny, you ask? He was on the sofa.

July 2-8

July 2-10

During spinning breaks, we went outside, and the pups are deliciously tired from all the running, and swimming, and yapping, and the heat. This time it's Maggie, who's relaxed the most.
***

10 comments:

Susan said...

You spun 4 oz. of fine singles in less than a day?!? Holy crap!!

Beverly said...

I enjoy your spinning so this will be a treat.

Sharon said...

Your peacock yarn is lovely. If you do a bobbin a day, you're going to have 24 skeins of yarn!

I filled a bobbin today too and I was reminded how long it takes to spin a spool of fiber. This is my chance to purge some of the older fibers in the cabinet. Yay!

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Wow! Great job! I have yet to sit at my wheel today.

Bea said...

Hallo Monika,

ich finde Deine Spinnereien wunderschön. Aber da du so gut wie nichts Gestricktes zeigst, frage ich mich, was du denn mit dem ganzen fertigen Garn machst?

Grüßle, die Bea

Wanderingcatstudio said...

One of these days I'm going to have to come by and kidnap Denny! He's just too cute!
I love the bones all over the place -it's like my cats and their mice!

Michelle said...

Last TdF I got up to about 8oz a day but I won't be doing that this year I think. The miniSpinner is definitely helping though! I love that Peacock color!

Carrie#K said...

That looks like lovely pasta. I'm sure it's equally tasty yarn by today!

Poor Denny. Always having to take the high ground. :)

Virginia G said...

Love how denny has his lip draped over the arm of the sofa!

And that peacock yarn is fabulous.

2paw said...

Such pretty wool!! I am sure you would not spin so well without all their assistance!! They are so funny with all their shenanigans!!