Sunday, July 03, 2011

Tour de Fleece - Day 2

Wow, I'm not sure I can keep up like that. My hands, and elbows hurt a lot today, as soon as I started drafting the fiber for spinning. It may also have been because of the fiber. I bought it in 2007 and it was compacted, and hard to draft. Here's my 4oz Falkland in the colorway "My Secret" on three bobbins, for a real 3-ply.

TdF-day 2- 4oz Falkland-My Secret for 3-ply

I'm going to ply it later tonight, and give it a bath tomorrow. Right now is the best time for drying yarn.

Here's pictures of the yarn I made yesterday. It's Falkland, colorway "Peacock", and I've spun it as gradiating yarn. I really like it. I've chain plied it and got 268yds.

TdF 1.skein-Falkland-Peacock-chain plied-268yds

TdF 1.skein-Falkland-Peacock-chain plied-268yds

TdF 1.skein-Falkland-Peacock-chain plied-268yds

And since my "paws" hurt today, this photo caught my eyes. It's Happy's paws, which are happier than mine today.

Happy paws

He did have problems with his paws, because of the pool water. He's so much in there, that his paws are very dry, and cracked. With the hot temperatures though, it's hard to keep him out of the water.
***

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you heal Happy's paws? Sadie has a paw that's very dry and I can't get it to heal.

CelticCastOn said...

Boss had a crack in one of his pads a few years back and we covered it in vaseline and taped one of my ankle socks on his foot. :) It healed!

Rhonda said...

The handspun is gorgeous. And I see a paw picture like that right now. It's a dogs world.

momsue84 said...

I just want to kiss each one of those adorable paws!!

Sharon said...

When I first saw Peacock, I thought it was differing shades of green. What a pleasant surprise it turned out to be.

Your sore arms, my sore shoulders. I think we should both do better at pacing ourselves.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful handspun! I'm going to live this TdFleece vicariously through you, I think.

TracyKM said...

I love both those handspuns!
I wouldn't use Vaseline as it traps any bacteria/germs that are on the skin. Maybe you have some lanolin? It's awesome on dry skin/lips, etc. You can even just buy a tube of the stuff in the drugstore, for breastfeeding. Knitpicks also sells a really nice potion called Bebe Bee Balm (or something like that).

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Do you put anything on Happy's paws?
Rocky has really dry paws too, and I haven't had a chance to ask the vet if there is anything I can use to help

Beverly said...

Gorgeous yarn. Don't over do it and take care of your joints.

Tracey said...

That blue green is SO pretty! And you have such a great consistency. I haven't even attempted to spin and won't try because I know I will NEVER get my yarn to look that nice, ever. So why try? I'll leave it to you experts! WAY TO GO!!!

knottygnome said...

ooh pretty! love the subtle color shifts. i keep meaning to do one of these someday.

Walden said...

I understand the peacock, but I see tropical waters more in the yarn.

Poor Happy, hope his feet either heal quickly or adjust to pool life.

2paw said...

Poor Happy, his paws must be painful, but they are so cute!!!