Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tour de Fleece - Day 16

While it's sizzling hot outside (35C feels like 40C), we enjoy some cool air inside. In the basement we have 21C, which is perfect, and doesn't make us immediately sleepy, like upstairs, or outside. Anyway, it lets me still enjoy touching fiber, and yarn. The pups appreciate the cooler temps too, after staggering around, jumping from shady place to shady place. The cooling water from the hose was very much appreciated by two out of three. Number three went into the pool to cool off.

July 17

Last night, after I thought I was done for the day, I grabbed some Petey Pete on super wash Merino fiber (long time fiber stash inhabitant), and started spinning. I filled one bobbin quickly, but left the second one for today.

TdF day 16-Petey Pete-sw merino-2-ply- 120yds-7

It was quickly plied, since I was trying to spin thicker this time.
TdF day 16-Petey Pete-sw merino-2-ply- 120yds-8

It was dry within the hour, and here it is, some squishy, super soft Merino yarn, 2-ply, 120yds.

TdF day 16-Petey Pete-sw merino-2-ply- 120yds

TdF day 16-Petey Pete-sw merino-2-ply- 120yds

TdF day 16-Petey Pete-sw merino-2-ply- 120yds

There will be more of this fiber, I have another 4oz, but I'm going to do another 3-ply with it, to mix things up a little. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to tomorrows rest day. I've got to catch up with housework, and laundry etc. before we go into the last stages of Tour de Fleece. Can't wait for it to be over.
***

5 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Oooh I really like that one!

Sharon said...

Your fiber came out beautiful, so many warm colors.

I'm with you wishing the tour was over! Tomorrow I go back to work (after having the week off), so my spinning time will be abbreviated. That just adds to my stress, wanting to finish.

That said, do you think you'll participate again next year?

Susan said...

I REALLY like that merino yarn!

It's hot here too. Thank goodness for a/c.

Although I've been spinning a bit for TdF, I refuse to push myself to the point that it stops being fun. I did that the first time I did a TdF and vowed that would be the last time. My body just can't handle that much repetitive stress.

2paw said...

Oh, I am so sorry it is so hot, glad you have the cool basement though!!! The poor pups.
The wool looks extra soft and cuddly. Not long to go, it is a rest day today (Monday) I believe the Alps are to come, 2x 2700m mountains they have just said on the radio!!!

Preita said...

I love that you show the before and after pictures of the fiber. You choose colors I never would have thought I'd like but then you show them spun up and I'm amazed. I think I need to go outside my comfort zone :) Great spinning! (did you get the fiber I sent you from my blog contest?)