Friday, February 04, 2011

Handspun Friday - Hot Feet

Whoosh, and another week has gone by! Can't believe it's Friday again. We also had a Blizzard, which left us with about 20cm fresh snow. We are enjoying it to the fullest.

Today I have to show you Hindsight dyed by David from Southern Cross Fiber. It's not a club fiber, but from one of his shop updates.

Hindsight

This yarn is already in my shop. It's fiber is Polwarth, 3-ply, 3.6oz, 200yds, worsted weight yarn.

Another one is from a couple of SAG fiber flowers, called "Hot Feet", 8oz.

Hot Feet

This is Merino/Tussah Silk blend, plied with silk thread, and quilting thread. Two skeins with a total of 555yds, 8.9oz enough for a shawl. It's the first time I used thread for plying. It was fun to do, but I needed a lot more thread then I thought I would. I'll put it up in my shop for now.

And lastly, a 2-ply yarn, chunky-ish weight, merino, 88yds, 2.3oz. It's soft, and a fun colorway.

FCK Mixed Blessing fiber club Winter 2011-January-made with left over fiber

I wish you all a wonderful weekend!

***

7 comments:

Alexandra said...

Beautiful as always! I hope I can spin like that some day! :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Stadtwaldvogel said...

I love your hot feet!
Have a great weekend!
Yours, Julia

knottygnome said...

they're all so bright and pretty!

Michelle said...

You're making me want to do some spinning instead of knitting on this sample that I want to get sent back next week!

CelticCastOn said...

Every time I see your handspun posts I think wow its friday again!
Lovely spinning as usual.Hope you have a great weekend.

Linda said...

Very lovely yarns, I enjoy thread plying. My favourite today is the merino, it looks very squichy!

Virginia G said...

Ooh, I love the brights! The colors are really lovely.