Friday, February 25, 2011

Handspun Friday - all about SAG fiber

I've spun this a while back, and what fun it was!

SAG fiber
I took 1. Awesome Boyfriend 2. Ode to Sunflowers and 3. Fresh Cactus.

SAG-Falkland-Ode to Sunflowers-left over-navajo plied-58yds-1.1oz

I used the rest of this fiber to make 58yds of navajo plied yarn.

SAG-Falkland-3-ply from Ode to Sunflowers and Fresh Cactus 2x-252yds-4oz-1

The main yarn is a real 3-ply yarn with one ply Ode to Sunflowers and 2 plies Fresh Cactus, and I've got 252yds.

SAG-mixed colorways-3ply-183yds-3.5oz-3

I took one ply of each colorway to make this yarn. 183yds.


SAG-3-plies-sock yarn project

Here they are altogether. I'm thinking socks. Hopefully soon.

***

Wishing everybody a wonderful weekend!

***

13 comments:

Nani said...

These are beautiful colors. Great job. This will be amazing socks. LG from Germany. Nani

2paw said...

I love the fibre photos at the top, they look like lovely flowers!!

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

You should be called Rod.

You know... as in....
Smoking Hot Needles
Smoking Hot (spinning) Wheels.
Smoking Hot Rod
Hot Rod
Rod.

errr and that's after only one wine.

Anonymous said...

wow...gorgeous sunshine colours and such beautiful spinning!

Chery said...

Oooh! Really nice combo. Your pictures are beautiful.

knottygnome said...

very prolific! love your presentation

Michelle said...

Pretty! It's fun to combine the different colors and see what happens with the finished yarn.

Beverly said...

I love seeing your spinning. I haven't got there yet but I'm working on it. One day I hope to be as good as you.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I love how one ply can change the whole look of the yarn!

ikki said...

Lovely colors!

Catherine said...

absolutely beautiful colours - the pictures really do you credit too

Laurie said...

I'm thinking...wow...amazingly beautiful yarn.