Friday, February 18, 2011

Handspun Friday - FCK Counterpaint

This is another FatCatKnits fiber, colorway Counterpaint on Falkland, 3.7oz, 357yds, 2-ply.

Counterpoint

I'm very happy with the way this yarn turned out. First I LOVE the colorway, it's gorgeous. Ginny said, it's for adventurous people. He!
Still, there was a hick-up during plying. I had to break the single of one bobbin twice, to remove some of it, so the colors would stay together. It's really hard to break the whole fiber into exactly equal halves, and spinning is not always totally even either, so that happens. I still got good yardage out of it. I was thinking of using some natural colored handspun with it, if I'm going to make it into yet another shawl. Ginny (of FatCatKnits) suggested to knit a scarf lengthwise, which shoule also look great.

***
I've set up my Minstrel spinning wheel in my studio, and have some SAG fiber to work on whenever I have time to be there. My other wheel has some merino/tencel on it, but to tell the truth I'm currently obsessed with my first blanket of this year. I can't put it down. But more about it later.

***

I wish you all a wonderful weekend!

***

13 comments:

MiA said...

Oh yes - that is a gorgeous colorway, and very well spun :)

Pat said...

The acronym for FatCatKnits always makes me do a double take :-)

beautiful beautiful yarn!

Catherine said...

those colours are sensational. I was looking hard at teh finishes ball od yarn wondering how you plyed it with the colours running true and then I read on.. You are so skilful, I wosh I knew how to spin (or had enough time to learn)

Dreams of Yarn said...

That turned out absolutely gorgeous!

knottygnome said...

gorgeous as always! i haven't done a 2ply in awhile. i should mix it up more.

Michelle said...

I love that you were able to keep the oranges separate from the black. No muddying!

CelticCastOn said...

ohhhhh blanket blanket! Must know!

Kathy... said...

Oh sooooo pretty. It must not be one of her stock colorways though, as I don't find it. Such a tease! LOL. I'm anxious to see the final project.

Susan said...

It looks just like Tiger Tiger ice cream!

Beverly said...

Wow it's very pretty and I love the color separation. I'm trying to learn to wheel spin.

Walden said...

Love it! Very Halloween.

peony said...

Oh it is sooo GORGEOUS!

Delusional Knitter said...

That is an awesome colorway! Nice job spinning it and maintaining the color, it looks amazing.