Thursday, January 20, 2011

Two out of Three

I finally went and bought some special cleaner for our stainless steel appliances, and used it!
Later, when it was time to get dinner for the pups, I made an interesting observation.
Happy acted weird, didn't go into the kitchen, went into the dining room, and from their he stretched his neck to sniff the air in the kitchen, and he started barking, and backing up, not setting a foot in it. Guess who didn't even stop to sniff the air, but went for his food bowl? Right!
When it was Maggie's turn to eat, she went into the kitchen with her tail tucked in, but ran out again. She was clearly confused, ran to her bowl, sniffed the air, and ran out of the kitchen again. In the end she rather wolfed down her dinner, with tail between her legs, then not eat at all. I had to give Happy his dinner in the dining room.

This morning though, he went in again, still cautious though. Makes me wonder what's in that cleaning spray! Can't be good.

***
The pups where lucky some time ago, and got some cookies! They are so spoiled, and not just by me!
Denny sure wants a cookie
He was salivating, and very eager to get one. But not before he had his paws on the floor again.
Denny sure wants a cookie
Didn't take him long to crunch it up, and inhale it.
Happy savouring his cookie
Happy gently took his cookie, and went into the hall with it. He sniffed it, and licked it, and turned it over several times, which gave me time to take a picture.

I gave them Maggies cookie too, because at the time she had major tummy problems, and this would not have helped.
***
I'm on a spinning marathon right now, just something which is going on in SAG ravelry group. It's fun, but my hands are crying foul already. I managed to finish my crochet shawl last night, and am on my way to block it. It's soaking right now. I hope it will block out nicely, because I LOVE how it feels, and want to wrap it around my shoulders asap.
***
PS I wanted to thank all of you who leave comments. I'm trying to catch up on answering my emails, but I don't seem to make any headway.
***

11 comments:

Laurie said...

Aw...Happy eats his treats like Wilbur does...savor the experience of actually having the treat...sniff...lick, lick some more, then, if all the stars are in alignment, eat the treat. LOL! Food is not high on his list.

I think I'd be taking that cleaner back - sounds scary!

Nancy said...

Monika, we don't use sprays in our house because they make me nauseous. Instead, use a microfibre cloth that you wet with really hot water and then wring out dry. Wipe it in the direction of the lines of the stainless steel. This removes all marks for me. I hope it works for you.

Best from a long time lurker of your blog,
Nancy
(Thornhill)

Virginia G said...

There are a couple of ways to clean stainless steel without nasty chemicals. The first one is to get a special stainless steel cloth and dampen it. Works like a charm.

The second is Method brand stainless steel cleaner. Also works well.

Sorry about Maggie's tummy. And I can't wait to see the crochet shawl.

hakucho said...

Gosh, dogs are so smart! I would be very cautious with that cleaner...the fumes might be dangerous :(
Never have I seen such beautiful dog cookies with frosting before.... my boys (not dogs) would eat them up if I had any around ;)LOL!

Anonymous said...

It is very possible that it's white vinegar. I have used that in the past to clean up areas of my hardwood and stainless steel that are very stained and the dogs hate it! In fact, a lot of my dog friends use white vinegar to clean up accidents around the house as it keep the dog away from revisiting the site for a while. They really hate the smell of it!

It's also excellent for cleaning streaks from glass too!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Hum. I think you should listen to your dogs. I used to buy all kinds of "cleaning" products but find that simply using dish soap or an olive based soap cleaner works just as well and I don't feel like I'm being poisoned in the process.

What lucky pups ~ those are mighty special cookies they have :)

CelticCastOn said...

vinegar and water solution will work instead of the store bought stuff. Just use newspaper to wipe and you're all set.
Those are some might tastey looks biscuits. I think Happy and Molly should get married they are the most perfect gentle couple :)

2paw said...

I try not to use really harsh commercial cleaning things in case they make The Labradors unwell. I reckon Happy and Maggie have very sensitive noses.
What sweet biscuits and Denny looks like a kid in a lolly shop, he sooo wants one. I hope Maggie is feeling better now?? Happy definitely likes to savour his!!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Lucky pups! I can't wait to see the finished shawl

Michelle said...

It's funny how sensitive their smell can be. Happy and Nimitz eat treats the same way. It's so cute to watch!

Life's a Stitch said...

I love the "I discovered cookies!" look.