Friday, January 14, 2011

Handspun Friday - Happy

This photo was the inspiration for the following dyed fiber:

August 5-Happy loves the hose-16-2

I'm not quite happy with the greens in it, but as a dyed fiber without knowing the photo it is lovely.

SAG-16oz-Falkland-colorway Happy
This is Falkland fiber, dyed by Shelby of Spinning Awesome Good. It was part of her Fiber Club.

SAG-Happy-spinning project-5

I decided to play with it, and made these skeins. They are all either navajo plied (natural undyed merino, gray Gotland, black merino, and one skein of the club fiber), the rest are three plied yarns.

SAG-Happy-spinning project-3

I was going to use them right away, but of course, something else came up.

SAG-Happy-spinning project-13
The undyed merino is wonderfully soft. One full bobbin of singles gave me less yardage than dyed fiber. Gray Gotland fiber looks wonderful but is the scratchiest of them all, and hairy.

SAG-Happy-spinning project-12

I was going to do some mittens with this yarn, but now I'm not sure. It's no rush either.
***
I've also got my forth, and last Year of the Lace Club 2010 installment.

Year of Lace 2010-December installment-Timberline

I know that I will not knit it. It's different for sure, and the yarn is soft and lovely. I'm thinking of maybe selling my kits from this year, because I will not knit any of them. There are three rectangular stoles, and one triangular shawl.
This was the first kit:
Miss Chatelaine-1. YOL 2010 package
I overdyed the yarn and liked it much better.
Schaefer Yarn after over dyeing
This was the second kit:
Year of Lace-June 2010-Abigail by JC Briar-785yds Blue Moon Fiber Arts-Geisha-mohair-mulberry silk-nylon
Not "my" colors either.
The third kit:
YOL club-3rd installment-Koyo by Amy Swenson-1
Lovely red lace yarn.

If anyone is interested drop me a line. Thanks.

***
Have a wonderful weekend!
***

12 comments:

momsue84 said...

Still such lovely knitting and gorgeous pups!!! Hope you are all well.

Michelle said...

The Happy yarn looks pretty good. I really like that photo, too! Lace yarns seem to be loosing a bit of their popularity lately but I bet you'll find a buyer for yours!

Freyalyn said...

I like the look of the new Timberline one. What are you looking for for it? or trade? Can you pop Maggie in the package too?

Carrie#K said...

They're lovely but not for me either.

I do love the Happy spun yarn! That's a great picture.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Your spinning is gorgeous!!! Those skeins all work together so well ~ it will really knit into something beautiful :)

I'm kinda over "kits" myself. It's very fun to get a surprise in the mail but in the long run it's best to chose the yarns and patterns I find.

Susan said...

It's so funny that I love the colors that you don't. Your favorites are warm colors and I definitely like cool ones better.

Virginia G said...

Ooh, both of those colors are definitely my colors. Love the pinks and reds.

Do you want trade or payment? :)

Beverly said...

One of the reasons I won't and haven't joined the clubs is I'm afraid I won't like what they send.

I'd have a really hard time with someone else choosing the yarns and patterns for me.

Delusional Knitter said...

Lovely spun yarn! I like that green. I just started spinning ... and not well at all yet, LOL!

2paw said...

So many beautiful colours and combinations!! Very Happy!!!

Linda said...

Lovely spinning as usual!

Stadtwaldvogel said...

The yarn from Shelbys picture dyeing is very pretty! I am looking forward to see what you are going to make with it. Have a nice Sunday!
Yours, Julia