Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Chevron Love Mittens - done!

These mittens were my oldest WIP's, but they really were in time out for two reasons. First - stranded knitting at the time was not something I really enjoyed much. Second - I was worried running out of yarn, and I didn't want to deal with this problem, if it actually occurred.
Chevron Love Mittens done
This Chevron Love Mittens kit was a gift from Chawne (can I just say, have you seen her latest knit blanket??? It's amazing! That's a wonderful use of Brooklyn Tweed Shelter yarn.)

Chevron Love Mittens done

These mitten kit can be bought in Julia Vesper's shop Knitterly Things. Chawne let me choose my own colorway, which is Vintage Appliance.
Each color comes in a 20g skein. As I said before, I was afraid I would run out of yarn, because I was cutting the yarn each time, instead of letting it hang there until I need to use it again. I've tried that, but what tangled mess that was. So I'd rather wove in a million ends.
Chevron Love Mittens done
I also didn't do the Latvian braid on both mittens, just because I made a mistake and wanted to get them done asap. Next time I'll take the time and rip though.
I can see myself knitting these mittens again, but just with maybe two or three colors.
The yarn is Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport, and I'm telling you it's wonderful to knit with, and it makes warm and thick mittens, but still light weight. I love them.

Did you see my red "sore" thumbs? Every time I look at them I smile.
I started these mittens December 26, 2009 and finished them January 2, 2011. I'm glad they are done. And I didn't run out of yarn at all!

***
And now I have to share a little story about Maggie:
Jan. 4
The other day, the TV was on, we went outside with her to do her business. When we came back inside, there was this acne commercial on, with Avril Lavigne as spokes person. Maggie was running around in front of the TV looking for a chew toy, when a before picture of the artist came on, and Maggie gave a startled yelp and a hop and ran away, when she saw it. I might have peed my pants, because I laughed so hard. It was probably so funny to me, because I always roll my eyes, when this commercial comes on, and I don't care much for this artist. Maggie is fine, by the way, and over her shock. :o)
***

20 comments:

Anna said...

What a gorgeous pair of mittens, the colours work so well, I love them!

CelticCastOn said...

Beautiful mitts! Are you liking colourwork any better?
Maggies ears look huge in that pic :)

Marlies said...

Hallo Monica
super schöne Handschuhe die sind bestimmt sehr sehr warm .
Ganz liebe Grüsse Marlies

CelticCastOn said...

Beautiful mitts! Are you liking colourwork any better?
Maggies ears look huge in that pic :)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Avril Lavigne is scary! Can't blame Maggie for that one!
Mitts look great - I abhor stranded knitting, so kudos to you!

Michelle said...

I hate those commercials too so good for Maggie! I should make it a goal to knit one of the three kits I have for those mittens! Or sell one. :-)

Beverly said...

Nice mittens. I have a pretty good supply of Nature Spun Sport so I'll have to look into this pattern.

hakucho said...

They really are beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Maggie has rabbit ears! I love them.

Lost City Denise said...

Love those mittens!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful mittens, I love the stripes and you have such patience.
Maggie is just gorgeous and is obviously developing her musical appreciation- or not!!

Martina said...

Very nice mittens! Like the colours!

Lynn One, Purl Two said...

Hey Monica!

SO weird! I just started those same mittens two nights ago! The kit had been hibernating in my stash and I decided to haul it out and make for a friend who is turning 30 in March.

So nice to see yours completed!

They're beautiful!

Virginia G said...

The mittens are beautiful! They look awesome. And congratulations for finishing them.

The story about Maggie is hilarious. Heh. Gives me a good giggle this morning.

Linda said...

They are just gorgeous! Happy new year! x

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Your little mouse turd is the most amazingly cute puppy I've ever seen!!!! I hope she never fully grows into her ears :)

Love your mittens ~ they sure look warm!

Anonymous said...

It must have been quite shocking for her! That's so funny.

Those mittens are cute! If I'm ever around, you can make as much of that Pomegranate Meringue Mountain as you can stand. I love all of that.

Carrie#K said...

Did that go through anonymously? Sorry! I want the Pom Mer Mtn! - and Maggie. :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely mittens!
margieinmaryland

Sharon said...

Your mittens are adorable and so is Maggie! I can't believe she's old enough already for her ears to perk up. Boy does time fly!

Happy New Year!