Monday, July 10, 2006

Watcha gonna do on a rainy day?

Well, knit a sunflower tam of course!


This sunflower tam is in the "Knitting Nature" book by Nrah Gaughan. My daughter chose it and by chance I had the Lopi Lite and color which is in the book. It's a very fast and statisfying knit. I've used both circular needles and DP from 5mm-6mm. At first I had to make a swatch to understand the RT and LT stitches since the Lopi was not very forgiving with the ripping.
As you can see I've figured it out.
Hannah also choose the Asymmetrical Cardigan from this book and I've got the yarn for it already, but to tell you the truth, it scares me a bit. It's knit in one piece, which is always good, since I hate sewing knitted pieces but the bands and collar are knitted seperately, lots of sewing there! We'll see. I'm not going to tackle this project right now.

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Hallo Monika, Danke für den netten Kommentar. Die Hexagons sind recht einfach zu stricken, das ganze ist nur recht unhandlich, weil der ganze Mantel dranhängt, aber immer noch besser als alles nachher anzunähen ;-)
Die Mütze gefällt mir auch, aber ich habe schon in meiner Kindheit schon keine aufgesetzt...
LG Claudia.

Anonymous said...

Hallo Monika,

die Mütze ist super geworden! Auch die Farne gefällt mir sehr.
Schade, dass ich mit Mütze so blöd aussehe......

LG sendet Heike

kiki said...

hallo,

ich hab die mütze auch gemacht am wochenende, mit drei anläufen aber auch an einem tag gestrickt - und finde sie ebenfalls ganz großartig. (bild auch im blog)die asymmetrische Strickjacke hat es mir auch angetan, aber da jede reihe gemustert wird, schiebe ich sie noch ein bißchen nach hinten auf der liste... =)
bin gespannt, was du berichten wirst.
ganz liebe grüße
die kiki