Friday, July 28, 2006

Garterlac dishcloth!

Last night, through a roundabout way I found Dave's blog with this dishcloth pattern. I've tried entrelac several times and failed miserable. I've even tried a garter stitch dishcloth several weeks ago, but got confused in the middle of a row and all went horrible wonky. So I gave up. I was always interested in entrelac, but did not like how the wrong side looked. With the garter stitch both sides are nice looking. I saw a baby blanket with "garterlac" on another blog, can't remember which one it was. It was made with Noro Silk Garden and I wanted to make one too. So until last night, I didn't get it, but I'm no longer an entrelac virgin!
These dishcloth are 7" x 7" but you can make them whatever size you want.
Thank you Dave!


6 comments:

Dave said...

They look great! Congratulations on "losing your virginity"! :-)

Midnight Purls said...

They're so cute! I'm going to have to make some for myself as well!

Mariella said...

I've never tried entrelac before so thanks for the link, must give these a go!
And I am already thinking way ahead of myself - Hmmm....baby blanket?

Melissa said...

Those look great! I might have to try that!

Anonymous said...

What a great way to test out entrlac. I have some leftovers of dishcloth cotton from the Ball band washcloth and will try this before I make my Noro Silk garden scarf!

Chrissy said...

I just finished one of these yesterday. Aren't they fun! I love your orange/yellow one. Do you remember what the color is called?