Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Frankenstein & Vampire Suicide!

I only bought the fiber a year ago. I did spin up Vampire Suicide last year, but it took my a year to finally pick a pattern to knit with it.

The fiber: FatCatKnits Vampire Suicide, superwash BFL, 8oz (but I only needed one braid, second one will be for next year)
FatCatKnits-2x 4oz sw BFL-Vampires Suicide

The yarn: chain plied, two small skeins, because I knew I wanted to do either socks or mittens with it
FCK Vampire Suicide-chain plied-2 skeins-total of 266yds

The mittens:

Vampire Suicide mittens - handspun

Vampire Suicide mittens - handspun

pattern: Love in the time of Camelot by Stephania Fregosi (love this pattern)

And there was also some FatCatKnits Frankenstein fiber: 4oz Polwarth

FatCatKnits-4oz Polwarth-Frankenstein
(sorry about the bad fiber photo)

the yarn: chain plied:

FCK-Frankenstein-Polwarth-chain plied-199yds

FatCatKnits Frankenstein , Polwarth

the hat: pretty on both sides, this is right side out
handspun Frankenstein hat

inside out: has more texture
handspun Frankenstein hat

handspun Frankenstein hat

It's no secret that I like slouchy hats.

pattern: Graham by Jennifer Adams, I LOVE this hat. In fact I've knit a second one right away, but with commercial yarn, and not for myself. I will knit this one again, and again. It's a great fit, and can be knit in one day.

Well, that's all the Halloweeny we'll get around here. We don't need costumes, or mask, we are scary every day. Aren't we? :o)

the gang October 2012

Happy Halloween everybody!

September 9


♥ ♥ ♥

16 comments:

Susan said...

Wow! I didn't much care for the Frankenstein fiber until I saw your yarn and hat made with it. It's lovely!

Ate said...

Was für wundervolle Farben: grün und lila

What wonderful colours: green und violet.

Liebe Grüße von Ate

Anonymous said...

I love the two different colorways. Your Frankenstein Hat is marvelous. I downloaded the pattern and as soon as I am done with the big rib thank you hat from the Purl Bee, I'm casting on for this one!
Happy Halloween!
~Dawn

Cloudberry said...

Love, love, love those mittens!
Wow!

momsue84 said...

Happy Halloween. We don't do too much Halloweening, either. Milo does love to greet the kiddies at the door, then runs and hides. Love the hat and mittens, as always.

Chery said...

I am still in love with your handspun. Is stalking allowed on Halloween? Have a good day.

Unknown said...

Love your mitts!

Anonymous said...

Love the mittens and the hat....gorgeous

Diane

Caroline Dlugy-Hegwer said...

I love the mittens. Happy Halloween!

Alice said...

gorgeous! those mittens are a work of art and I love the colour of frankenstein, beautiful work as usual! XXX

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I can't decide which I like better!

Hélène said...

wow, love the mittens. Colors, yarn, pattern, all is great!

Michele said...

I'm with Susan - I didn't know what you could possibly do with those colours, and the mitts are beautiful. You are genius. And the dogs are so sweet.

Sharon said...

I love seeing your handspun become hats and mitts. It's very inspirational. Maybe I should pull out a handspun skein or two, since I hang onto them like pets. :)

Walden said...

Love how both turned out! The hat is very nifty though, going to have to go get that pattern.

2paw said...

Happy Hallo-woof-een!! Wonderfully coloured mittens!!