Thursday, December 08, 2011

The Carrot Thief

I had a big bag of carrots standing in the kitchen. I heard rustling, while putting away groceries, and looking up saw Denny with a carrot hightailing it out on the deck (he had to open the bag first before he could grab one). I grabbed my camera and this is what transpired:

I've got a carrot!!! Come and get it, if you dare!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A really tasty carrot!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

You want a piece of my carrot?
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Hell NO!!!! What carrot? Didn't see no carrot!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

What about you, Maggie? YOU want a piece of my carrot?
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Uh-uh! Not me! No thanks!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Are you sure? Because I'm NOT SHARING!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

What are YOU looking at? MY CARROT?
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I think I better eat my carrot now!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Nom-nom-nom!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And that was the end of the carrot.

***

19 comments:

ikki said...

Lovely, Our Klaus loves carrots and cucumber. You can take cheese or ham, but not any vegetables if he don`t get any.

HUgs tohim!

Natural fibre girl said...

Carrots are great for their teeth- helps to clean them... and probably the carrots are sweet too...
Our Bernese was caught running out the door with a loaf of bread...
Dogs are so entertaining!! nice story

JoAnn said...

How adorable. At least he limited himself to one carrot and not the whole bag - and he chose a healthy snack to boot!
Love those "daring" eyes. Made my day :)

Michelle said...

Denny looks like he's waiting to see if you're going to take the carrot back. So adorable!

I can't get Nimitz to eat fruit or veggies. He thought I was poisoning him when I offered a carrot so I don't try anymore

Toby said...

Love it!

At the boarding stable the owner's dog would sneak away with carrots. You set a carrot down, intending to give it to your horse later, go back to get it and it was gone. Until I saw it happen I had no idea some dogs liked carrots enough to take them.

Andi said...

Hehe! Love Denny. I also love how the Maggie and Happy try not to get involved with Denny is being "Denny". :)

lexa said...

Healthy eater, lol. Mine steal garbage and have the habit lately of getting into the basement when I'm not home and raiding the blue bags. They leave the evidence upstairs!!

monica said...

Sneaky Denny! :) He and the other pups are so cute.

Carrie#K said...

It's nice that Denny eats so healthily but he needs to work on his sharing skills.

Susan said...

Hmm, no mystery about who is the alpha dog in your household, is there?

Beverly said...

This is hilarious. Your dogs are a laugh a minute.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Oh that Denny! He's certainly turned your world upside down!

2paw said...

Carrots are worth their weight in carats!! I love Denny's love of The Carrot. I don't think Maggie or Happy would really like it so much anyway. Peri and Gilly steal carrots too.

Tina said...

Another veggie-eater :-) Love how you captured their faces, telling everything!

Walden said...

Denny is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

After Luka's antics in September I've locked down everything potentially edible in this house. :)

Sadie did snag a bunch of bananas last week. She ate them all...peels, too. So now the bananas live in the dishwasher or microwave. :: sigh ::

Frauke aus Süddeutschland said...

I have to admit it: I would love to be the president of the Denny-Fanclub!
Have a nice Christmastime/Adventszeit!
I love your blog.

Yarnhog said...

Laughed through the whole post!

illusions said...

I am also very fond of carrots and can sympathise with Denny, totally! :)